Minoxidil Vs Ketoconazole Fighting Hairloss Debate

CroatiaGuy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Let's say I don't want to use Finasteride, due to personal reasons.
And at second, if you have to make a choice between Minxodili 2% and Nizoral (2% Ketoconazole) and Dr Regenepure (1% Ketoconazole).
If you have to pick only 1 of these, which one would you pick? and why?

Edit: want to target/reduce/stop male pattern baldness, without using finasteride/dutasteride

Zoro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ketoconazole is too weak of an antiandrogen and doesn't stay on the scalp long enough to help for hair loss, and minoxidil is a growth stimulant, it won't treat the cause of male pattern baldness. It might work in the short term but eventually minoxidil will not be effective without an antiandrogen, at least for most people

Rahul123

My Regimen
Reaction score
Applying topical Minoxidil 5% + Finasteride 0.1% from last 2 years & I got new hair also but top back head hair density is less yet & never grow miniaturized hair. Minoxidil is better to use than Ketoconazole from my experience.

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why would you choose only one? Just go for both. minoxidil 5 and keto 2%. Use shampoo only 2/3 times a week. That won't ruin your life. And a bottle lasts months.
People often have problem when using minoxidil: like irritation, sebum... keto is a must to keep the scalp clean and get the most ouf of minoxidil

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
pick the keto but be sure to leave it on your scalp for 9 hours a day before rinsing ;)