Minoxidil Vs Finsaturide - Minoxidil Not Working!!!!!

badluckbryan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys,

So hears my story. Started seeing hair loss when i was like 19-20. At the time I was in denial so didn't want to do anything about it back then (big mistake). Started to try some natural treatments like castor oil and coconut oil but wasn't doing much for me. My hair loss is different from what I've seen here because for me it started from my left side of the temple. The right side and the top of my hair was good back then. But then time went on and things started getting bad for me. I noticed the top of my head was thinning as well and the right side started to thin out too.

That's when I decided to finally go and get my first minoxidil foam. I started applying it throughout my scalp and waited. And in about 4-6 months, I actually started to see a difference. Well the shedding had reduced, and my hair was starting to feel thicker. The right side where I did not have hair before, I actually had some hair now. And the hair was kinda dark as well. I didn't grow everything back but I was happy with the progress. But then I got caught up with life and was becoming inconstant with minoxidil and finally ran out of my supply at the time so I wasn't applying it (Huge Regret). Of course my hair started to fall out and the massive shedding start. I was off of it for about 2 months I believe and I started to lose all the new hairs I grew in the front of my head. I decided to go and get minoxidil again and continue to apply it but things haven't been the same anymore. I have been re-applying it for about 7-8 months now and i haven't seen any regrowth or improvement. I continue to have hair fall (when I'm in the shower, when I'm applying the minoxidil, just on my pillow in general, etc). I also got a dermaroller and started to use that but the thing is that i still have hair on my head so it started to pull on the existing hair. Plus I've read that you aren't supposed to use minoxidil with dermaroller. I also use Pura d'or shampoo which is supposed to be a hair loss shampoo but honestly I don't think its helped me at all.In the recent couple of weeks I have noticed that the hair fall has decreased (not stopped) but no regrowth. My hair now is very thin and now the left side (my strong side) is also really bad along with the top of my head. My hair is just so thin it never stays in place. And when the wind blows in this colder weather, it just flips the hair and exposes the bald spot. My hairline is destroyed and the top of my hair is thinning too.

I never wanted to try finasteride because of what I read online but I'm running out of options now. So does any one know if finasteride will be able to help me maintain what i have and regrow my hair at this stage? I ask this because minoxidil stopped working for me and now I'm wondering if finasteride will work or not. What dose should I take? I've read that the standard is 1mg but have seen people only take 0.5 mg too. What are thoughts on Nizoral shampoo? Is it worth it? Any comments or ideas for improving my situation would be major help.

I'm including some pictures of how my hair looks right now showing my hair line and the over all scalp. I do style it to the right to cover up the bald spot in the right. All these pics are within 2 weeks apart.

Attachments

• IMG_0766.JPG
    IMG_0766.JPG
    121.5 KB · Views: 361
  • Image-1.jpg
    Image-1.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 359
  • IMG_0772.JPG
    IMG_0772.JPG
    103.7 KB · Views: 336
  • IMG_0769.JPG
    IMG_0769.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 351
  • IMG_0770.JPG
    IMG_0770.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 360
  • IMG_0773.PNG
    IMG_0773.PNG
    87.2 KB · Views: 367

INT

Reaction score
I made my own nizoral lotion by dropping 2% nizoral in distilled water. Seems to have stopped shedding.

I would also maybe cut your hair a bit shorter.

badluckbryan

My Regimen
Reaction score
I made my own nizoral lotion by dropping 2% nizoral in distilled water. Seems to have stopped shedding.

I would also maybe cut your hair a bit shorter.
Thanks for the tip. Have you tried finasteride? how did that work for you?

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
minoxidil by itself unfortunately does not address the root of the problem, which is hormones(dht) attacking your hair follicles. This is why finasteride is indicated.

Best to use both finasteride and minoxidil for synergistic effect and maximum improvement

abcdefg

Reaction score
Once its for sure you are balding there is no reason not to try finasteride. Its the only real option right now. Yes, odds are you will at least maintain, but nothing in this world is for certain. Just probable

badluckbryan

My Regimen
Reaction score
minoxidil by itself unfortunately does not address the root of the problem, which is hormones(dht) attacking your hair follicles. This is why finasteride is indicated.

Best to use both finasteride and minoxidil for synergistic effect and maximum improvement
what dosage should I start with? 0.5 mg or 1 mg? Also how long is the average time it takes to notice finasteride's effects?

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
what dosage should I start with? 0.5 mg or 1 mg? Also how long is the average time it takes to notice finasteride's effects?

Both those dosages should have the same effect

I had noticeable improvement after about 7 months on finasteride

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score

I love these posts. How do you know minoxidil isn’t stopping the balding process when science doesn’t even know how the process works? Minoxidil absolutely interferes and can reverse balding or else it wouldn’t be able to grow or maintain hair. Don’t listen to this out dated jargon

INT

Reaction score
Yeah I never really got that quote either. I do not see why a good minoxidil responder could not maintain a few years on minoxidil. Besides, finasteride does also not address the root of the problem, which is an onset of destructive processes that are caused by a negative susceptibility of the hair follicle to androgens.

badluckbryan

My Regimen
Reaction score
What about dermarolling? Has anyone had any success with that? Will that in combination with minoxidil increase hair growth in the hairline?