minoxidil users...help please

morpheus

Reaction score
ive been using minoxidil now for 6wks, the regaine variety, and its caused the scalp skin to become extremely peel worthy, even when i scratch, a load of skin comes of,very similiar to sunburn peeling, anyone else had it this bad? im having a good result with it otherwise, my hair has thickened up, but im worried that when i comb it to help remove the peeling skin, itll mkae my newlyfound density diminish, as the overactive skin production may be blocking and weekening new hair/existing hair...

anyone else in this dilemma, and has the peeling problem, reversed your new density from minoxidil, any other way to reduce this problem, nizoral doesnt touch it, ive tried alphosyl, and polytar af, with a small amount of help, ive even resorted to occasionally putting some hydrocortisone in the alphosyl which does a fantastic job, but i cant rely on this all the time, due to the associated steriod hazards

any advice much appreciated, thanks for reading

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
This is the exact same problem that I get if I apply too much minoxidil on to one part of my scalp. If you're only using it on a fairly small area then you possibly don't need to use 1ml each time.

Also, wash your hair daily and let the shampoo sit on your head for a while before you rinse it off.

morpheus

Reaction score
hhmm, i think minoxidil notonly causes hair proliferation, but also increases skin cell turnover, so anyone who is proneto sub derm, psoriasis, minoxidil aggravates it, it does for me, i left alphosyl with HC on my hair overnight, hope this is goingto provide some releif, the sub derm has started to make to top above my hiarline look thin again, so im going to have to do some sculpturing with the clippers and shave it down again toa no.2 :-x :cry: :cry:

found a good wesite on subderm though, so ill try some of the stuff on there

http://www.hairsite4.com/dc/dcboard.php ... 2086&page=

what did you do to releive the sub derm?