Minoxidil Twice A Day? Minoxidil Twice A Day?

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
im restarting minoxidil again after good success with it a few years ago. but i really cant be arsed applying this sh*t twice a day. i just dont have the patience for it. its one of the reasons why i gave it up eventually the last time

im guessing its recommended to use twice a day because its half life is 22 hours

if this is the case, can i get away with applying it 2/3 hours after the first dose.

so i first apply at 7ish at night, then again at 10pm. i just really cant be fucked to do it in the morning.

would this work, or would doing it the morning with a longer break in between applications make it more effective?

cheers

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wouldn't bother if you're just doing the applications three hours apart. Either do it once a day or every approximately 12 hours. The scalp levels will have barely dropped by 3 hours in so the second application done that way will be mostly superfluous.

Just once a day should be fine if you don't mind the slightly lower effect. The most useful hair regimen is likely the one you can stick with long term. If you can't stick with it for any reason it won't matter how good it is.

nahte42

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why can't you be bothered with applying it?

I use it in the morning and at night. Literally takes 5 seconds to pump the foam and rub into head. I don't understand.

pizzamanluigi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why can't you be bothered with applying it?

I use it in the morning and at night. Literally takes 5 seconds to pump the foam and rub into head. I don't understand.

How long is your hair? I feel like with longer hair it could be more difficult than that.

resu

Reaction score
I only apply kirkland 1ml a day and it works great, can't imagine results being twice as good if I applied 2x a day.

shookwun

Reaction score
I apply once a day at double-triple the dosage.

around 3ml on average before I go to bed.

Wish I started this sh*t sooner. At four months, I can see a helluva difference in the quality of my hair.

pizzamanluigi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I apply once a day at double-triple the dosage.

around 3ml on average before I go to bed.

Wish I started this sh*t sooner. At four months, I can see a helluva difference in the quality of my hair.

Do you notice a difference mostly in your hairline or crown?

Jnix

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Rogaine foam was easy as hell to use. I stopped because I was one of those responders that got bloating.