Minoxidil: Twice A Day For Regrowth And Once A Day To Maintain?

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
I've been using Kirkland minoxidil liquid once per day for around 2 months now. So far, I have noticed that it seems to be maintaining but I don't think that there has been any regrowth or any shed. I heard that a shed is indicative of future regrowth. So, should I keep going the way I am or upgrade to twice per day?

MrPortugal

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hm..it's not true because Im use minoxidil 1x a day and works... And I didn't have shed from minoxidil

Keep going using this for like 6-12 months... If after there is no difference then I recommend stop the product

Pephair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you're applying the liquid only once per day, you should be using 2ml instead of 1ml.

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If you're applying the liquid only once per day, you should be using 2ml instead of 1ml.

Well theres not a lot of "should" here, if 1 ml is effective no real reason to use more. Can always add later.

NamelessGhoul

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
minoxidil once a day, as a sole treatment, will not stop male pattern baldness in the long run. At least this was the case for me :( I'm gonna start experimenting with twice a day now after many years of just once a day application. To be honest, it's probably a losing battle due to me not using any finasteride.

Pephair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
minoxidil once a day, as a sole treatment, will not stop male pattern baldness in the long run. At least this was the case for me :( I'm gonna start experimenting with twice a day now after many years of just once a day application. To be honest, it's probably a losing battle due to me not using any finasteride.

Why aren't you on finasteride?

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been using Kirkland minoxidil liquid once per day for around 2 months now. So far, I have noticed that it seems to be maintaining but I don't think that there has been any regrowth or any shed. I heard that a shed is indicative of future regrowth. So, should I keep going the way I am or upgrade to twice per day?

Man how could you know if you're maintaining after only 2 months of a treatment

Hang90

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
im using it for 5 months now 1ml per day and its working for now

NamelessGhoul

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why aren't you on finasteride?

took it in one form or another in the past when I was 19 and ended up with some side effects. Been considering 0.5 mg recently though but I have a feeling I would be more prone to the nocebo effect because of my previous experience with it. granted, pretty hard to 'nocebo' the ball ache.

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
Man how could you know if you're maintaining after only 2 months of a treatment

Good point. But it feels like it is. A few reasons:
-Usually no hairs come out in the shower (compared to approx 10 per shampoo before)
-Very few or no head hairs in my t-shirt when I remove it at the end of a day (used to be around 20 per day)
-I very rarely feel the male pattern baldness itch. I might go a full day without feeling it compared to a few times per day before.

But you're right. I can't be sure without before and after pics.

Endmymisery

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For how long did it stop it for you?

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
I'm 3 months in now and I'm seeing new hairs. There's noticeably more in the connecting strip
http://oxfordclothbuttondown.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/George-Costanza-OCBD1.jpg

but the results at the front and the crown aren't very significant. I can see some new hairs at the front, but only in dark light, and not so many. Cosmetically, it's not enough to make a difference. For the crown, I'm not sure.. it seems to be doing about the same or worse than the front. I'm applying it all over the NW6 area.

So, should I keep going like this (1ml per day) until I hit 6 months and then see? Or should I add in dermarolling or a second daily dose of minoxidil right now? Initially, I didn't want to have a second dose because I was worried about having to deal with it while sleeping or shampoo twice per day, or skin side effects, or heart side effects. So far, I've had no skin side effects and the heart side effects subsided when I started taking Vit C and L-Arginine.