minoxidil together with spironolactone S5 cream?

cat3appr

Reaction score
Hello

I've been using minoxidil ( Rogaine and the general one ) twice a day, morning and evening. I just got the spironolactone S5 Cream which I understood has to be applied with the same methodology: morning and evening... how to reconcile with minoxidil then? Should I apply minoxidil and then right away spironolactone?

thank you for the suggestions!

Bowser

Established Member
Reaction score
I only use minoxidil. i don't understand how you can get round this problem.
I suppose applying the cream after minoxidil foam would be the easiest way. But then you may worry about whether you've given enough time for the foam to absorb in, or whether the foam will hinder the absorbtion of the cream because you've effectively mixed the two together on your scalp.

Or you could alternate the two on days of course, this sounds the most sensible option. But if you've already been applying minoxidil twice per day then this may lead to a shed.

Woodyy

Reaction score
Cream takes forever to dry, I guess doing the minoxidil first, waiting 15 minutes at least and then adding the spironolactone would be best.

human

Reaction score
Hmm, I am interested in this combination too. How about S5 in the morning, then Rogaine at night? Would this still be relatively effective?