Minoxidil To Finasteride... Back To Adding Minoxidil?

ijconline

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all,

First time poster here but have been reading these forums for a long time. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience from swapping Minoxidil for Finasteride, and then adding Minoxidil back in? Here is my story so far:

Having had thinning hair since the age of 18, I finally decided at the age of 24 to introduce Minoxidil into my day to day routine. To be honest, I wouldn't say that I noticed too many results as I was still shedding quite a few hairs whilst in the shower, however the overall look of my hair wasn't too different. This was part of my routine up until just over a year later when I decided to make the switch to Finasteride. Unfortunately I wasn't aware of the mistake I was making so low and behold, I noticed that my hair was even thinner than it ever was. My hair (which is diffusing thinning) is now in the worst state it has ever been but I have noticed that the Finasteride has begun working as there are less hairs between showers (I am currently 7 months in).

From reading various threads it seems that I have lost the hairs that I was able to maintain with Minoxidil but I was wondering if adding it back into my routine would help return the hairs that I have lost? Will I go through another shedding phase by introducing Minoxidil back in?

Any help would be massively appreciated :)

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you have not been using Minoxidil for a while then you will probably shed a bit when adding it back in.