Minoxidil Tablets Vs Topical Application

Ocker

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the information. Do you think it's worth sticking with Dutasteride whilst also on minoxidil tablets?

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the information. Do you think it's worth sticking with Dutasteride whilst also on minoxidil tablets?
Yes ofc. Why would you go off it? Minoxidil isn't a 5-ar inhibitor.
It can be used as an additional treatment, but definitely should not replace it.

cyrusthegreat@hotmail.com

Established Member
Reaction score
For what it's worth here some information that may educate you more.

oralminoxidil2.jpg

Swoop, can u plz link the source study for these slides?

Thx

Giiizmo

Established Member
Reaction score
Swoop, can u plz link the source study for these slides?

Thx

I'd also be interested in the source for the slides.

In the meantime, this is closely related:
http://knowledgebank.epworth.org.au/epworthjspui/handle/11434/833
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27284572

Personally, I find the results spectacular. If any future treatments currently in the pipeline showed such impressive results, I'd be ecstatic. Of course, it's still minoxidil with most of its disadvantages, notably loss of effect overtime.

Balding curse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Summary
New model for early Androgenetic Alopecia
- Hair follicle miniaturization is reversible in alopecia areata
but not Androgenetic Alopecia
- Miniaturized hairs maintain contact with the APM in AA,
but lose contact in Androgenetic Alopecia
- Loss of contact between the bulge and APM might explain
irreversible miniaturization
- Fat infiltration is seen in Androgenetic Alopecia and may explain the loss of
contact between the bulge and APM

That means the only cure is hair cloning, and nothing will bring the dead hair back.

maybe that's why some hair grow with dermalroller, the healing process reconnect those musles back to the follicles.

Pacey123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If so, then how do you explain the Trans results?

Because hair doesn't die instantly. Depending on how aggressive the male pattern baldness is. I bet that on a 70 year old trans who has been bald for 40 years not one single strand will arise from the dead.

Hence why early catch with finasteride and minoxidil is the most important thing.

ohmanohno

Established Member
Reaction score
Eh I think hair loss is reversible seen it many times without tranny drugs and on people have been balding for years or even just months. It's all about how you respond to treatments and the treatments we have are mediocre at best.

Balding curse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Because hair doesn't die instantly. Depending on how aggressive the male pattern baldness is. I bet that on a 70 year old trans who has been bald for 40 years not one single strand will arise from the dead.

Hence why early catch with finasteride and minoxidil is the most important thing.

This make sense, imo people who got regrowth on treatments never get before balding density , I mean if the follicle had three hair shfts after treatmet it will grow one shaft beacuse the othe two are dead.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't understand how oral growth stimulants are supposed to zero in on the male pattern baldness follicles. Wouldn't they also stimulate excessive growth of your hair all over the body?

Apparently it's shown to have positive effects though, so ok I guess

Giiizmo

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't understand how oral growth stimulants are supposed to zero in on the male pattern baldness follicles. Wouldn't they also stimulate excessive growth of your hair all over the body?

Apparently it's shown to have positive effects though, so ok I guess

There's some mild hypertrichosis from oral minoxidil, provided you use a small enough dosage, but it also occurs from the topical form since part of it goes systemic.

The real question is, is the portion from the topical form that goes systemic actually the main reason why hair regrows or not? Because if so, people could legitimately ditch their itchy rogaine in favor of just swallowing a pill.

ohmanohno

Established Member
Reaction score
I would like to know if pill would work for those who never responded to topical rogaine. I'll try to order some this weekend