Minoxidil sure works, another strange question...

uratramp1

Reaction score
hi guys, I really hope you guys can help me with this one. Please bare with me while I explain poorly, my 'issue'. Thanks. I have been using minoxidil for 11 months now, finasteride for 8 months. I have been applying the minoxidil to the temples with great success. I am losing my hair like PM Blair, er, or like Phil Collins, in terms of 'shape'. Fine, I have seen hair 'thicken' where I apply the minoxidil (i.e - the temples). However, over the last couple of months I have noticed that I have started to thin - just beyond the temples, in patches :? :cry: ...and I have noticed that I am developing a more 'prominate' side-parting (not by choose), and the hair on my crown is also thinning. These last to occurrences have been more gradual, then the 'patches' situation. What is going on?? - could it be that the finasteride is still shedding hair? Will I probably just end up with hair, only at the temples!!!???? :? :cry: - I am desperate to 'fight' my genes.....my dad is bald....bless you for reading.

uratramp1 :cry:

Stingray

Reaction score
Ask your dad about the pattern he lost his hair in. If you are only applying minoxidil to the temples, then chances are your temples are the only thing getting treatment from it. Propecia will almost invariably NOT cause a shed of healthy hairs. In fact, I see absolutely no reason why finasteride would cause a shed anyways. You're probably just progressing with male pattern baldness, try adding the minoxidil to the other parts of the scalp as well.

G

Uratramp,

First let's tackle the propecia question. 8 months seems to be a magic number for a propecia shed, good or bad. You have to stick to it anyway and wait another 4-10 months to see the fruit of propecia's labour. I would guess that the shed(if it is a shed), is not hitting your hairline because those hairs could be under the control of minoxidil.

It's obviously time to start 1ml twice a day all over your head with minoxidil and if you're not on the 5%, better up the ante quick. If your hairline responded, then it would make sense that your crown would as well.

Now you're in a better situation, and are in a position to possibly add more to your regemin.

GET NIZORAL IF YOU DON"T USE IT ALREADY. GO GET IT, NOW, GO!!!!

lifestyle changes could help. lots of water, reduce stress, cardio exercise and steady flow of pussy could do the trick.

"Oh think twice, it's just another day for you and me in paradise"

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
uratramp -

Its all part of the normal growth and resting phases that your hair goes through every 3 to 6 months. Just another shed. They come and go while on treatment usually at least for the first year and into the second. After that they sometimes become less prominent. Just make sure you're staying consistent with your dosing of propecia and application of Rogaine. Your hair will get better and worse throughout the treatment, but overall, you'll be better in the end ...

Please read the Shedding article in the upper lft corner of this screen.

HairLossTalk.com

uratramp1

Reaction score
i really love this forum HairLossTalk.com - thank U & all posters...without U guys i would be so lost, seriously concerned about my emotional well-being. And that is no understatement....sure there are many worse things that can happen...famine, war etc....& U guys have helped keep my 'negative' thoughts in perspective. I hope to inspire others one day, like you guys have inspired me. Long may http://www.hairlosstalk.com prosper!! :D

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
bob marley said:
lifestyle changes could help. lots of water, reduce stress, cardio exercise and steady flow of pussy could do the trick.
hmm where can i buy this steady flow of pussy?

G

Well, You could go downtown, but make sure you wear a RUBBER. A trip to Amsterdam always offers plenty of tested pussy to purchase, as well as the best chronic.