Minoxidil Side Effects. Will They Go Away?

Myaccount

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've noticed that getting headaches and dizziness is quite common using minoxidil. I've been using it for a few days now and apply it once a day at night. I've noticed that as soon as I apply the minoxidil I get a headache immediately pulsing from the areas that I applied it. The headache doesnt really seem to go but fades throughtout the day until I apply the minoxidil again. Is this common or should it go away after a while because it is very irritating.

Kambrira159

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's a very rare side effect. Stop taking it and try again after a week or so and see if it persists.

Myaccount

My Regimen
Reaction score
i stopped it for a day then tried it again, the headaches are still there but it is considerably less irritating. But now i have quite an urge to scratch at the application spots.

Scoobysnack

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i stopped it for a day then tried it again, the headaches are still there but it is considerably less irritating. But now i have quite an urge to scratch at the application spots.

curious, which minoxidil are you using? (foam or liquid dropper)?

megadyptes

My Regimen
Reaction score
First time I used minoxidil I got quite the headache. After continued usage the headaches where less severe. Now, around 8 months later, headaches are still present, but not too bothersome. I try to apply less.

Myaccount

My Regimen
Reaction score
First time I used minoxidil I got quite the headache. After continued usage the headaches where less severe. Now, around 8 months later, headaches are still present, but not too bothersome. I try to apply less.

Im definitely applying slightly less than half a can per day and tbh Idk if its worth it to have these headaches. The headaches themselves aren't major but theyre irritating enough to get my attention which I really don't like.

If you still have them after 8 months don't you think your just better off not applying it. At the end of the day hair is hair but health is something much more important.

megadyptes

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im definitely applying slightly less than half a can per day and tbh Idk if its worth it to have these headaches. The headaches themselves aren't major but theyre irritating enough to get my attention which I really don't like.

If you still have them after 8 months don't you think your just better off not applying it. At the end of the day hair is hair but health is something much more important.

Perhaps, I feel like minoxidil only made my situations worse anyway. It did cause a shed and regrew those shedded hairs ... just not all of them. So, if I only look at the effect, it's probably not worth it. As far as the headaches go, it is still tolerable. I mainly experience headaches when I apply in the evenings. In the mornings I bike for around 30 minutes after I apply, so I think that helps. In the evening, I am often just focused on reading or watching content; it is only after I stop and am about to sleep that I notice I had this headache all along. Again, when I started out, the headache was way worse. If it was still that bad, I would definitely have quit. But how it stands now, I don't feel it's getting in the way of the things I want to do, etc.

Is it worth it: no, because I am losing hair on it, but if I quit now, it's probably only going to get worse.

Myaccount

My Regimen
Reaction score
Perhaps, I feel like minoxidil only made my situations worse anyway. It did cause a shed and regrew those shedded hairs ... just not all of them. So, if I only look at the effect, it's probably not worth it. As far as the headaches go, it is still tolerable. I mainly experience headaches when I apply in the evenings. In the mornings I bike for around 30 minutes after I apply, so I think that helps. In the evening, I am often just focused on reading or watching content; it is only after I stop and am about to sleep that I notice I had this headache all along. Again, when I started out, the headache was way worse. If it was still that bad, I would definitely have quit. But how it stands now, I don't feel it's getting in the way of the things I want to do, etc.

Is it worth it: no, because I am losing hair on it, but if I quit now, it's probably only going to get worse.

Fair enough, I've been on it 2 weeks now and I'm thinking I might just stop it and let fate take its course. I have a lot of work going on right now and I'd rather be in the best frame of mind.
I hope you hair situation gets better though bro.

Myaccount

My Regimen
Reaction score
Its annoying how now the headaches arent very noticeable but now I have very intense itching