Minoxidil side effect experiment on libido

Black Mamba

Reaction score
I've been using topical Minoxidil lotion 5% for 5 years. From my experience, it decreased my libido & caused erection problem (weak erection / no erection at all)

I've done some repetitive experiments about its side effect. and I found out that if I stop using Minoxidil, in 3 months later, my libido & erection back to normal. But when I start to use minoxidil again, in just 1 month the libido & erection problem arise again.

To make sure that minoxidil treatment is the culprit, i've repeated the experiment cycles several times during my 5 years of usage. And the result is always the same.
Which leads me to a conclusion that: "Topical Minoxidil does kill sex drive"

But I still have a mind-boggling question: Technically, how did topical minoxidil cause such problems (lowering libido & erection problem) ?

Black Mamba

Reaction score
Anxiousness doesn't count since at first i didn't even knew that minoxidil was the culprit of my ED.
Not until i search on the internet about the problem, and found out that a lot of people have the exactly same problem with me.

If you google on the internet with keyword "minoxidil cause ED" you will find out that the minoxidil ED side effect is all over the internet & forums.
Here i give you some links of user review and forums that talk about minoxidil side effect on libido & ED:

www.askapatient.com/mobile/viewrating.asp?drug=20834&name=ROGAINE+EXTRA+STRENGTH+(FOR+MEN)

www.selfgrowth.com/articles/minoxidil-review-benefits-and-side-effects-for-men

www.hair restorationnetwork.com/eve/170507-sexual-side-effect-using-minoxidil-5%.html

www.bald truthtalk.com/threads/18494-Minoxidil-causes-Erectile-Dysfunction/page2

Based on these informations, there are 2 possible systemic reasons that points out Minoxidil as the culprit of ED problem:
1. Minoxidil is lowering blood pressure (as you said)
2. Minoxidil dilates the veins: all of them, and not the ones you necessarily want dilated (in penis area).
Cardiologists have stated - as have Doctors, that there's enough statistical data to prove in can adversely impact erections.
Since Minoxidil is a vasodilator, it also opens up blood vessles in the penis, causing blood to not stay there for long, or at least for as long as a normal erection is supposed to last.

I'm going to conduct experiment further by taking Hipotension drugs like Fludrocortisone (Florinef) to increase my blood pressure, and see if there's improvement on Erection & Libido.
If it does, then i can make sure that the logical answer of the ED is due to low blood pressure as a side effect of Minoxidil.

Norwood One

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've been using topical minoxidil for 2 years almost. My bonerz are as rigid as ever soo...Idk brah. Could be unique to you, i'm not discounting that. but from my personal experience and to help out new users that peruse the forum, I've had no problems.