Minoxidil Shedding In First Month After Use For First Time

Stech

My Regimen
Reaction score
hi all

I’m new to this forum & to use of minoxidil ( from CVS) It’s been a month, I started to loose more hair than before. I searched the net, apparently it’s called shedding. Some people say, it’s normal to have shedding as it’s a good sign. I’m confused now

I was using minoxidil 2x on front forehead and back head. Now, I’m using only in the back head, Incase if I loose more and gain less or nothing, at learsf it will only impact one side of my head.

There is only video on YouTube that says shedding is normal. I wanted to ask the folks here. I’m in 31 not sure Y I’m loosing hair at the first place. Anyways hope it will regrow.

Should I stop or continue. It’s only been 1 month.

reuters

Established Member
Reaction score
hi all

I’m new to this forum & to use of minoxidil ( from CVS) It’s been a month, I started to loose more hair than before. I searched the net, apparently it’s called shedding. Some people say, it’s normal to have shedding as it’s a good sign. I’m confused now

I was using minoxidil 2x on front forehead and back head. Now, I’m using only in the back head, Incase if I loose more and gain less or nothing, at learsf it will only impact one side of my head.

There is only video on YouTube that says shedding is normal. I wanted to ask the folks here. I’m in 31 not sure Y I’m loosing hair at the first place. Anyways hope it will regrow.

Should I stop or continue. It’s only been 1 month.
your shedding is a good sign that the medicin works, it gets rid of the old hair and prepare to produce new hair.

You must be patient, i started in February and lost hair the first 6 weeks, and after that it took 2 months without improvement until i started toi see a lot of new small white hairs, they have now improved and i am very happy with the improvement.

The important thing is not to give up due to lack of progress, it takes time!

Stech

My Regimen
Reaction score
your shedding is a good sign that the medicin works, it gets rid of the old hair and prepare to produce new hair.

You must be patient, i started in February and lost hair the first 6 weeks, and after that it took 2 months without improvement until i started toi see a lot of new small white hairs, they have now improved and i am very happy with the improvement.

The important thing is not to give up due to lack of progress, it takes time!

Thanks for the motivation. I will continue to use on area where I see I’m losing hair.

Yea, I also read online that it takes 2 months to see results. I use it 2x. Should I increase 3x to speed the process?

I was afraid I will shed so much hair, that I may start to look bald. No one in my family is bald.

On side note, I did take pain medication & side effects of those was hair loss. Doctor did give me vitamins to prevent that. That didn’t help. Will that cause any issues if I take those medicine and minoxidil?

I try to use minoxidil on area I’m loosing hair, but sometimes I feel like I’m pouring it on area where there are hair. Should I be using fingers to rub directly?

reuters

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the motivation. I will continue to use on area where I see I’m losing hair.

Yea, I also read online that it takes 2 months to see results. I use it 2x. Should I increase 3x to speed the process?

I was afraid I will shed so much hair, that I may start to look bald. No one in my family is bald.

On side note, I did take pain medication & side effects of those was hair loss. Doctor did give me vitamins to prevent that. That didn’t help. Will that cause any issues if I take those medicine and minoxidil?

I try to use minoxidil on area I’m loosing hair, but sometimes I feel like I’m pouring it on area where there are hair. Should I be using fingers to rub directly?

excellent, now:
it will not go faster if you use it three times a day, it might help if you use a stronger percentage (i use 10%, but its no guarantee it will work better than 5%)

Stick to morning and evening and use the stipulated dosis of 1ml each time.

Spread out the liquid, dont rub/massage it in

It usually takes more than 2 months to see a result, give it 4 months ;)

Regarding medicin and minoxidil, talk to your doctor..no one can answer that on a forum ;)

Stech

My Regimen
Reaction score
excellent, now:
it will not go faster if you use it three times a day, it might help if you use a stronger percentage (i use 10%, but its no guarantee it will work better than 5%)

Stick to morning and evening and use the stipulated dosis of 1ml each time.

Spread out the liquid, dont rub/massage it in

It usually takes more than 2 months to see a result, give it 4 months ;)

Regarding medicin and minoxidil, talk to your doctor..no one can answer that on a forum ;)

I have 5%. Sorry, not sure if I understand how to use it. Did you say massage and rub it? Is it 1ml in total or 1ml at each area where I need more hair.

When should I switch to 10%?

Thanks!

reuters

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Stech :)
Do not rub or massage it in, just spread it out over the areas you are bald and let it soak into the skin.
You add a total of 1 ml each morning and 1 ml in the evening (2 ml/day)
Do not use more than 1ml each time, it wont help you get better results, just throwing money away.

if you notice growth on your 5% solution, then there is no need to use a stronger version :)

Stech

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Stech :)
Do not rub or massage it in, just spread it out over the areas you are bald and let it soak into the skin.
You add a total of 1 ml each morning and 1 ml in the evening (2 ml/day)
Do not use more than 1ml each time, it wont help you get better results, just throwing money away.

if you notice growth on your 5% solution, then there is no need to use a stronger version :)

Ok thanks

How do you measure results? Taking pic?
Since it’s hard to see tiny hair growth.

It’s only been 1 month I know I won’t see anything yet. Just wondering

reuters

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks

How do you measure results? Taking pic?
Since it’s hard to see tiny hair growth.

It’s only been 1 month I know I won’t see anything yet. Just wondering

Yes
I think you took a picture before you started, if not take one now.

Do not take a picture every day (it is temppting but you wont see any progress and it might demotivate you , take one picture/ month :)

Results will show, but as i said before, give it time (at least 4 months :)

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Personally I find it hard to cover the crown and both sides of the hairline with only 1ml. I use 4ml per day total. (I use 5%, so I suppose I'm getting as much minoxidil as using 2ml of 10%) That said I'm not recommending more, as the manufacturers directions should probably be followed. But...?

reuters

Established Member
Reaction score
Good question :) i only know that i had a relative success with 1ml/day (but i agree that there is days when i sprayed 6 or 7 times on my bald little head :)

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Good question :) i only know that i had a relative success with 1ml/day (but i agree that there is days when i sprayed 6 or 7 times on my bald little head :)

Ya, with my balding big head it would be very tough. :D