minoxidil shed after changing the brand?

nwa101

Reaction score
Hi i started using minoxidil that my Doctor prescribed me and i started to buy it from a local dispensary and it cost me about 60$ for one month :l .... after using the minoxidil from dispensary for about 4 months i have already gone through minoxidil shed' and started growing hair slowly and i decided to buy minoxidil online because its much cheaper ofcourse and i bought 'simply right minoxidil' 5% and i started using this about 2 months ago (so im about 6 months in using 5% minoxidil overall) and im now experiencing a shed' again ? is that a sign that this minoxidil is much stronger or it has a better effect? or what does this mean and is this normal'? when switching minoxidil brands? has any one had any experience ?

Bowser

Established Member
Reaction score
shed means its working imo. from my experience and reading about others, people have always had a shed when changing minoxidil brands even if its the same strength. bit of a bummer going through another shed. just ride it out. with regards to 5% i would only trust good ol fashioned rogaine.

nwa101

Reaction score
oh thanks hopefully thats the reason hah yeah i dont wanna goto rogaine for 5% i use liquid minoxidil dont wanna make another switch now :p ill see how well this simply right' stuff works lol