minoxidil shed after 6 months

JAD

Reaction score
Hey everyone... this is my first post on here, so here's my story. I'm a 24 year old college student. My hair is still in pretty good shape, but for about 2 years I've been noticing some thinning on the top and at my temples. About a year ago I tried using Propecia but quickly stopped do to the sexual side effects. Also, I briefly tried Revivogen before concluding that a proven treatment, such as minoxidil, might be the better route.
I've been using Dr. Lee's 5% minoxidil and 15% Xandrox for about 6 months now and I have yet to see any results. My hair isn't really any better, but then again, its not much worse. In fact, it seems as if just recently, I have started to shed quite a bit. I was just wondering if anyone knows if it is normal to start shedding this far into treatment (6 months.) I was under the impression that shedding typically occured in the first few months of treatment. Also, could this be a good sign that my use of minoxidil is starting to kick in?

lain

Established Member
Reaction score
hmm i been on minoxidil since nov last year too, recently started on the foam and I notice more shedding in the temples (thats where I apply it), when I say "shedding" I mean about 6 to 10 hairs (both long and tiny ones) falling out.

Might not sound like much, but before there was almost none.