Minoxidil Ruined My Hairline, Plz Help

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
ok guys , so after 20 month of propecia with a slight maintenance of my Norwood 1,5 ,
i decided to take minoxidil in order to thicken my hairline . i took a shed and i thought that was a good sign .

however now i'm 5 month in and the hair that shed at the hairline havent recovered , so it has basicaly speed up my mature hairline , it made thing worse . So i'm f*****g doomed , because i thought rogaine could only help .

So can i hope to recover those hair ? have i been too greedy ?

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
ok guys , so after 20 month of propecia with a slight maintenance of my Norwood 1,5 ,
i decided to take minoxidil in order to thicken my hairline . i took a shed and i thought that was a good sign .

however now i'm 5 month in and the hair that shed at the hairline havent recovered , so it has basicaly speed up my mature hairline , it made thing worse . So i'm f*****g doomed , because i thought rogaine could only help .

So can i hope to recover those hair ? have i been too greedy ?

imo - it's unlikely that minoxidil caused a permanent shedding of healthy hairs. Understand that for most people, if minoxidil works, it will take longer than five months. Hell, the telogen (resting) phase is 3-4 months in itself, then the start of regrowing the hair is painfully slow (starts of thin and grows at a rate of .5" per month if you're lucky). hang in there man.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
thx for your help man , you know ive also gor a fcking lot of unwated body hair because of minoxidil , ive used way too much minoxidil in the beginning , during the first month , so maybe ive done n overdose whick make me shed .

Is it possible to overdose and to shed healthy hair ?

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
thx for your help man , you know ive also gor a fcking lot of unwated body hair because of minoxidil , ive used way too much minoxidil in the beginning , during the first month , so maybe ive done n overdose whick make me shed .

Is it possible to overdose and to shed healthy hair ?

I have a feeling that the only way minoxidil is going to cause a permanent loss of hair is if you're allergic to the ingredients, and it's causing scalp inflammation. Are you using the foam, or the liquid? If liquid, are you certain you don't have an allergy to PG? I know I shed a sh*t ton on minoxidil, and well.. everything else. BUT, with minoxidil, I never seem to thin out.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
yes i use liquid minoxidil . In the beginning i used almost 4 or 5 ml each day .
The thing is that i took a shed , not a huge one .

I know that the minoxidil is doing something because i grew hair everywhere but not on my hairline . Maybe it was huge shed and then i gonna have some regrowth. Moreover i don't lose hair anymore in the shower.

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yes i use liquid minoxidil . In the beginning i used almost 4 or 5 ml each day .
The thing is that i took a shed , not a huge one .

I know that the minoxidil is doing something because i grew hair everywhere but not on my hairline . Maybe it was huge shed and then i gonna have some regrowth. Moreover i don't lose hair anymore in the shower.
How is your situation now?

BaldingGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you regrow any of those hairs? I'm hitting month 7 tomorrow and my hairline is so much thinner... My derm told me 3 days ago I have seb. dermatitis (which i never had before starting the treatment). Now I'm treating the dermatitis but I don't know if I should keep using minoxidil or just stick with fina. I feel like minoxidil made it so much worse