minoxidil question

muii

Established Member
Reaction score
I shower in the morning and then apply pomade and or gel...

at night if i want to apply minoxidil, is it necessary to shower again then apply minoxidil or can i "brush the pomade or gel out" and apply the minoxidil?

so what im asking is do i need to shower twice?
or is it cool to apply minoxidil if i just brush the gel/pomade residue out of my hair at night... also has anyone suffered from acne from minoxidil?
thanks in advance

G

I would recomend a second shower at night, no need to use shampoo, to clean and prepare your scalp for the napalminox

muii

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks ty..but i color my hair cause i have some grey and showering freqeuntly washes the color off quick...but is it absolutely necesarry to shower again?..if it is then i will

muii

Established Member
Reaction score
so does most everyone here that puts on a styling agent like gel, etc.. shower before they apply minoxidil at night?

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think it is necessary to wash ALL the gel out before minoxidil application....you dont want anything blocking the absorbtion of minoxidil.

i know its a hassle but i think its something that NEEDS to be done.

G

Vicci, I think it is pretty important to clean all your products off before application of minoxidil, so as not to lose any efficacy, then you will have some hair left to go grey.