minoxidil question

vade

Reaction score
Hello guys i started minoxidil in sept 2005, after 2 months things started gettin better, and after 3 months hair loss stopped (85%).. since month 3 things start goin worse slowly.. now im in month 6 im losing hair but not as much as i did before starting.. but if things remain like this i think in 3 months ill be back to the situation where i started .. any ideas what could this be. or anyone has been in something similar ?
...note that it' s the 2% minoxidil...

iamnaked

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Minoxidil alone won't maintain your hair. You need to get on a 5-AR blocker like finasteride or dutasteride.

87david

Established Member
Reaction score
It could be that your scalp is getting irritated from the minoxidil. In my experience, when your scalp is constantly irritated your hair falls out much more frequently. Do you have moderate or severe itching? If you do itch, do you still put the minoxidil on? If you do, you probably shouldn’t. But really, the problem is either scalp irritation or your hair loss is getting more severe. If you have no itching, it is probably the latter. In that case, consider getting on Propecia/Proscar or their topical alternatives.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Hair goes through cycles, and minoxidil tries to put everything into the same cycle. You could be experiencing a minor shed.

vade

Reaction score
yeah actually i dont have any itching at all, so maybe i should add something like propecia... thanks guys

eskimo23

Reaction score
I use 5% minoxidil and I have revivogen for my DHT inhibitor. Ive read that I should use the treatments at the same time, but im not sure if I should apply them at the same time. Anyways, I also can tell that the minoxidil works in cycles. some times it looks great and sometimes its pretty noticable.