minoxidil question..

The shedder

Established Member
Reaction score
While dabbling around various sites for minoxidil results and such I found on numerous sites mentioning that you should not apply minoxidil to an area that you already use petroleum jelly on because adding minoxidil on top of the jelly will result in a large absorbtion of minoxidil. Do you think this would be a cheaper way of attaining minoxidil in a higher percentage without paying much for the Dr. Lees products? Although I think too much of an absorption would be risky but I thought I'd post because its an interesting idea. Ok i'm lying i'm leaving my house right now to buy some petroleum jelly.

The Rock

Established Member
Reaction score
i can't see how a bigger abosoprtion would be worse...because dr lee says that only a very very samml percentage absorbs as it is

The shedder

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah I thought it was interesting that about 10 sites I went to at least 7 mentioned it, kind of got me thinking. I didn't experience any side effects while i'm on minoxidil, so I might give it a go although i'm not sure the minoxidil will absorb to the jelly or just slide off. I'll post the sites that I visited soon.

Petchsky

Reaction score
I don't think it will work with P J...What i do is apply it after washing my hair...brush off the excess water and apply...that supposedly increases the absorption.

EDIT: The bottle warns you not to do this mind.