Minoxidil query-Growing or not?

Balding_male26

Reaction score
Hi all,

New to the forum, here is my story.I am 26 yrs old and i have been suffering from hairloss from age 18 :(. I started minoxidil and propecia at 21 and was on and off it for couple of years, i was not serious about applying it and i missed it quiet often....recently the hairloss thing started bothering me much more since it accelerated when i started weight lifting. So i was thinking of a hair transplant, but i was adviced that one should not go for hair transplant this young and it aint gona help without minoxidil and propecia.

I have started minoxidil and propecia again recently( been around 2-3months). I see really small hair coming in my hairline(receding bald temple area). I am sure that i had no hair in that region earlier, i had a similar hair re-growth due to minoxidil earlier, when i was around 22, but i didnt take it seriously and stopped minoxidil. My question is, does that hair ever mature with strength and thickness?? Or does it just remain that tiny? Is there anything else i can do to accelerate the growth?? Has this happened to anyone else? and after how long did it become noticable?

Thanks in advance!

iamnaked

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I would say 1 year is when you hit your minoxidil peak. Others may disagree. I gained about 1mm and it had really firmed up my hairline at this point.

The bad news is that IMO the gains start to tail off in later years and you start reverting to baseline. At least this is what I am discovering with minoxidil.

Balding_male26

Reaction score
yes!! i definitely see hair growth, they are about 1-2mm! which is almost invisible! i wonder if they ever grow any longer than this....with minoxidil!anyone with similar start please advice :shakehead: