Minoxidil puffy face

Jack A

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm 19 years old and growing tired of the bloated face that regaine is giving me, I don't want to quit using it because it's being moderately effective. Does anyone know of something that can reverse the puffy face? We are in the 21st century after all...

EDIT: Does anyone know if my swollen face means I am allergic to minoxidil? if so it would narrow down my search of solutions

T

Timi

minoxidil make a Monsterface the best Way is the Dustbin

finasteride makes Impotent Dustbin

i have desroyed my live with this Drugs

i was a big Idiot
i am Impotent and a Horrorface with finasteride and minoxidil!
and my Hairs i have all lost, i had succes but the Hormon are the winner , the Drugs works not forever
and today i am ruined

i am warning for this Drugs
never take it accepted the hair loss!!!!!

Timi

Jack A

Established Member
Reaction score
how do you know your puffy face is caused by Minoxidil?

This is a very annoying question, it's obvious that it is the minoxidil. It is a listed side effect and my face bloated weeks after starting it, there have been NO changes in any other aspect of my life.

Jack A

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the bump, there must be others with this problem other than Timi. It's very hard to research it as the results just say to apply an ice pack. etc, I need a permanent solution!

RF102

Reaction score
When I first was taking minoxidil I had this problem as well. I researched it online at the time and I found that doing cardio 3 times a week for at least 30 minutes helps. Also drink a lot of water and lower your daily sodium intake. This worked for me.

Jack A

Established Member
Reaction score
When I first was taking minoxidil I had this problem as well. I researched it online at the time and I found that doing cardio 3 times a week for at least 30 minutes helps. Also drink a lot of water and lower your daily sodium intake. This worked for me.

Thanks, going to get an exercise bike to have in my room so it's easy to exercise and i regularly do it. Tried jogging for a few weeks, slight improvement but couldn't comit to it long term. Tried taking vitamin C tablets as they are supposed to help with collagen synthesis but no improvement at all really, I'll keep progress updated.

wstef

Established Member
Reaction score
I didn't get the puffiness, but I got dark bags under the eyes.

This eased up when I started applying Regaine directly to the hair.

What I mean by that is instead of putting it in the lid then onto my fingers, then onto my hair, I simply squirt 6 little blobs on my hair (3 each side, back, middle, front) and rub it in.

That means I can use a lot less (because it doesn't dissolve as quickly), meaning there's less minoxidil to seep into the rest of my body.

I honestly think the puffiness and dark eye issues are because there's too much minoxidil transferring into the general blood stream in the head.

Jack A

Established Member
Reaction score
I do apply it directly to hair anyway, my girlfriend suggested ibuprofen because it is an anti-inflammatory, anyone have any advice on this?

wstef

Established Member
Reaction score
Ibuprofen might help if it's cause by inflammation, but if it's just liquid retention then it won't do anything. Also, ibuprofen isn't ideal as it doesn't last as long as other drugs and also there's a bigger risk of kidney problems with long term use.

The reason cardio will work for some people is that it will force the blood to flow better, thus taking away the fluid from the face.

With hair loss... is it worth further health complications just for vanity? The only other thing I have added to my usual day-to-day doings (except the "big three") is zinc. If I had to start taking pain killers, v**** etc... I'd just stop the hair loss treatment.

Try using less. After you rub it in, if the hair is still "wet" with the foam/liquid then you're probably using too much.

T

Timi

Hello Jack

to bloated face from minoxidil

take you minoxidil only? or with Finasterid?

Timi

boobyinspector

Established Member
Reaction score
Yah I quit minoxidil a year ago. It turned me into an old man in 1 year. The worst part is when I stopped using it I shed so bad I was way worse than ever. It took 10 months before I recovered from the shed. My face isn't 100% recovered but way better than before no doubt. I've read some people taking 2-4 years to recover, ouch.