Minoxidil + Propecia + Nioxin Products?

Jerry Jones

My Regimen
Reaction score
Question about using multitude of Nioxin products in addition to ... My current regimine includes:
  • Nioxin's Hair Regrowth Treatment (Minoxidil 5%) x 2 per day
  • Finasteride (Generic propecia)
  • Nioxin Scalp Therapy
  • Nioxin Hair Booster
  • Nioxin Shampoo + Conditioner
  • Biotin supplement
I'm wondering if all of this is too much? In early stages of balding but recently introduced the minoxidil into my routine and am noticing increased shedding which is too be expected. But should I use all of these Nioxin products with the Nioxin Hair Regowth (Minoxidil) or will that caused increased shedding? Can't find a clear answer on the website or forums but nothing that is advising against it except one 3rd party site with no source.

Thanks!

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No. Use minoxidil and Finasteride, everything else is just a bonus and not really necessary. Companies know that we're miserable and will buy everything to battle our hair loss, but those things are little to no help.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Question about using multitude of Nioxin products in addition to ... My current regimine includes:
  • Nioxin's Hair Regrowth Treatment (Minoxidil 5%) x 2 per day
  • Finasteride (Generic propecia)
  • Nioxin Scalp Therapy
  • Nioxin Hair Booster
  • Nioxin Shampoo + Conditioner
  • Biotin supplement
I'm wondering if all of this is too much? In early stages of balding but recently introduced the minoxidil into my routine and am noticing increased shedding which is too be expected. But should I use all of these Nioxin products with the Nioxin Hair Regowth (Minoxidil) or will that caused increased shedding? Can't find a clear answer on the website or forums but nothing that is advising against it except one 3rd party site with no source.

Thanks!

@Jerry Jones

You're smart for using proven formulas. Finasteride and Minoxidil both have
a solid track record.

Don't over wash hair, because that will cause you to lose your natural oils. As a result,
that can cause hair to shed more than it normally would (temporarily fall out, although it
won't cause permanent baldness).

You can probably use the conditioner every day though. As long as it doesn't contain
an alcohol that will dry up your hair.