Minoxidil Product That Is Better Tolerated On The Scalp

GG66

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

It's been about 15 years since I last posted a topic about hair loss but always a spectator

I'll keep this really short
I last tried both minoxidil liquid and foam about ~10 years ago and reacted badly to both products
Intense itching, pimples.. etc
I'm hoping someone can relate and share a minoxidil product that has since surfaced that's better tolieated
Been on prppecia about 25 years and it appears to be losing its effect

Thank You in advance

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can definitely relate and I just got a product called formula 82m that I am going to try. If this doesn’t work I’m completely screwed. Not only did I buy 82m but I also am combining coconut oil with aloe Vera and distilled water. In the water I am dissolving a ton of natural anti inflammatories.

GG66

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can definitely relate and I just got a product called formula 82m that I am going to try. If this doesn’t work I’m completely screwed. Not only did I buy 82m but I also am combining coconut oil with aloe Vera and distilled water. In the water I am dissolving a ton of natural anti inflammatories.
Thanks for the feedback

Slid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe you should try no pg minoxidil from minoxidilmax.Are you sure that foam gave you bad reaction?I am the one who was reacting really badly to liquid but foam is like putting water on my scalp.

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback

I would also like to add that it could obviously be the alcohol contributing to your skin side effect situation. Those of us with male hair loss experience more than normal oily hair. The DHT and androgens get caught in the oil. In the oil yeast can live causing dandruff and dermatitis. When alcohol is put on the skin it will cause a drying effect and the skin will want to compensate for it by producing more oil. The increased oil could have given you the pimples/ache and the itching could be microbreaks in the skin from dryness or an accumulation of yeast/bacteria living in the extra oil. Long story short, you could try to moisturize to improve scalp health and counter skin symptoms.