Minoxidil Problems ! Anyone Else Experienced It ?

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been using minoxidil 5 % for 8 months with some success, a lot of vellus hair growing !

But it really gives me bad wrinkles on forehead, puffy eyes and bad skin

My pores all over my face are SO LARGE now its crazy its not a skin of a 24 years old...

Its not because you put minoxidil on scalp that the bloodstream is not going thru the face ..

Do you guys have any altervative ?

inmyhead

Reaction score
How many times per day are you using it? Do you go to sleep immediately after applying? Do you have before/after pictures?

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was using it two time, 1 bit less than 1ml in the morning and same after my shower in the evening.

And yes i have picture !

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been using minoxidil 5 % for 8 months with some success, a lot of vellus hair growing !

But it really gives me bad wrinkles on forehead, puffy eyes and bad skin

My pores all over my face are SO LARGE now its crazy its not a skin of a 24 years old...

Its not because you put minoxidil on scalp that the bloodstream is not going thru the face ..

Do you guys have any altervative ?

Not the puffy eyes, and bad skin.

No, but you're NOT the only one who has experienced that. I will say that.

I think some people are just allergic to Minoxidil, and some of us will get bags
under our eyes from aging. It's just a natural progression.

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But for ''large pores'' issues it can only be minoxidil. It is a vasodilators.
And its not because it is put on scalp that in cant reach face skin.

I never had ANY hairs on finger before minoxidil and months later i have quite some ! So if it reach finger thru bloodstream it reach all the body ! (face included)

furrydome

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There was a post from @IdealForehead (if you can find it) mentioning that topicals applied to the scalp can just "run" down into the face. I think it had something to do with his scalp reduction surgery, and that info came from the Doctor.

As mentioned, lots of people report specifically bags under the eyes and forehead wrinkles.

I'm getting these too, but not clear how much of it's from age or the drug. Just became really noticeable in the last year, though been on minoxidil for 10+ years.

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There was a post from @IdealForehead (if you can find it) mentioning that topicals applied to the scalp can just "run" down into the face. I think it had something to do with his scalp reduction surgery, and that info came from the Doctor.

As mentioned, lots of people report specifically bags under the eyes and forehead wrinkles.

I'm getting these too, but not clear how much of it's from age or the drug. Just became really noticeable in the last year, though been on minoxidil for 10+ years.

i have a shaved head so its worse !! f*** minoxidil :(

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes minoxidil inhibits collagen production.

Maybe lower % by watering it down with vodka and see if it helps.

vinn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't believe this argument that minoxidil ages your face. I noticed in the beginning that my face was looking worse from minoxidil, but this is because it can cause water retention and dry skin which makes existing wrinkles look worse. To counteract this I started applying just under 2ml once per day at night before bed, and caking my entire face with really good moisturizer especially around the eyes. In the morning I drink a good amount of water. My face looks fine now.

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't believe this argument that minoxidil ages your face. I noticed in the beginning that my face was looking worse from minoxidil, but this is because it can cause water retention and dry skin which makes existing wrinkles look worse. To counteract this I started applying just under 2ml once per day at night before bed, and caking my entire face with really good moisturizer especially around the eyes. In the morning I drink a good amount of water. My face looks fine now.

good advice!

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Not the puffy eyes, and bad skin.

No, but you're NOT the only one who has experienced that. I will say that.

I think some people are just allergic to Minoxidil, and some of us will get bags
under our eyes from aging. It's just a natural progression.

i have the same thought. this drug is very allergic. bad skin, puffy face , dark circles..these are simptoms of an allergic reaction. some people arent allergic and this why there use minoxidil for more than 10 or 15 years and havent any side effects.

hwezdarik

Established Member
Reaction score

What moisturiser r u using ? thx :)

Blobo

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had been using MXD on my face for just under a month. I experienced dry flakey skin on my chin after the first week. No bags under my eyes or other side effects.

At the top of the 4th week I started to get bumps on and around my ears. The next day my face was red, bags under my eyes and there were small bumps all over. The next day I woke up to my face being so swollen that i was unrecognizable and my eyes were almost swollen shut.

This is my 4th day in recovery and my neck and jowels are so swollen I don't have a jaw line or Adams apple any more.

If you have sensitive skin, do not use MXD!