minoxidil pls advice..

G

i was reading through the forum and found out that there is some debate about dr lee minoxidil not as effective as compared to other brands of minoxidil because of its lesser or no ppg content...so whats the real answer to this..i just ordered my 1st bottle of lee #500 because many ppl say its non greasy n fast drying..but i rather have something tat is more effective but greasy..anyone???

jimmyjames

Established Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I don't think you'll get any definite answers to this question. Some people swear by Dr. Lee's stuff, others think it's not as effective as the regular stuff. I remember reading a post somewhere that seemed to think Dr. Lee's MIGHT cause more side effects. Probably the only way you can know for sure is to try the stuff yourself AT LEAST for four or five months.

As for me, I've been using 2% Rogaine (non-generic) for just over a week now. Other than a weird taste in my mouth, I've had no side effects, but it's probably too early to say much. I am, however, going to try out Dr. Lee's stuff once this 2% runs out. Although the greasiness hasn't been REALLY bad, I hate waiting for the stuff to dry and sometimes it makes my hair look pretty crappy.

Hope this has been helpful.....

-cj-

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dr. Lee's stuff has worked very well for me, but I haven't tried anything else.