minoxidil peach fuzz

johnmanchester

Reaction score
hi everyone been using minoxidil for over 6 months now the result has been hundreds of small fine colorless hairs on scalp, i have always had my hair very short number half or at most 1 it just accured to me could i dye my hair so as to bring out the appearence of this regrowth and i can especially see the hairs when i wash my hair and is wet, if so can anyone recommend a good brand of hair dye my hair is naturally light black also are there any product to strenthen the new fuzz and thicken it

john

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
johnmanchester said:
hi everyone been using minoxidil for over 6 months now the result has been hundreds of small fine colorless hairs on scalp, i have always had my hair very short number half or at most 1 it just accured to me could i dye my hair so as to bring out the appearence of this regrowth and i can especially see the hairs when i wash my hair and is wet, if so can anyone recommend a good brand of hair dye my hair is naturally light black also are there any product to strenthen the new fuzz and thicken it

john

Sounds like you're a good responder to minoxidil - that's great.

Hair dyes and coloring are generally OK and safe to use - but you might want to consider the possibility that they might not be the healthiest things to use for these potentially fragile baby hairs.

Having said that - I've used "Just for Men" hair color - and it's always been OK.

As an adjunct to your minoxidil - you might want to consider a copper peptide spray like tricomin to help give those follicles a boost.

Good luck.

johnmanchester

Reaction score
thanks mate, was thinking along lines of just for men the only thing i worried about if the overall colour change is noticeable, about the copper spray will this have a postive effect as in strength of the hairs coming through ie. fuzz, iv got to say theres hundreds of products for hair loss you just dont know which one works and is a waste of not just time but money i was going to type emu oil as have heard good things about it, i apply minoxidil once daily first thing for me thats a realistic longterm rountine and i dont want to become obsessive(although swallowing a pill everyday is easy as well unsure about side effects!) and dont really have hangup about hairloss as have had it for over 10 years anyway although i can understand younger men in late teens and 20's who feel freigtend to death when they took in the mirror, for me i strarted weights 1 year back and doing well so thought id have ago at my head as well

john

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
johnmanchester said:
... about the copper spray will this have a postive effect as in strength of the hairs coming through ie. fuzz, iv got to say theres hundreds of products for hair loss you just dont know which one works and is a waste of not just time but money i was going to type emu oil as have heard good things about it, . . .

john

John - I can't give you any guarantees obviously - but tricomin therapy spray is touted as being a follicle stimulator. I know from my own experiences that's it's good stuff. At the very least - it won't hurt ya.

I've never used emu oil - opting instead for 100% pure aloe vera gel or vitamin e oil. But - I've never heard anything negative about emu and it's also supposed to be very good stuff.

If you're thinking tricomin vs emu oil - tricomin is friendlier to use and won't muck up your hair the way emu oil will. But it's also more expensive.

later!

Justlooking

Established Member
Reaction score
I actually live across town from an Emu farm... now these birds are ugly and nasty! They do sell Emu oil in their shop so maybe I could pick some up sometime. I'd even consider ordering some and sending it to you guys if it's significantly cheaper than what some of these companies market theirs for.. and at least you'd know it's the real stuff too.

Where do you get your CP spray at?

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
Justlooking said:
I actually live across town from an Emu farm... now these birds are ugly and nasty! They do sell Emu oil in their shop so maybe I could pick some up sometime. I'd even consider ordering some and sending it to you guys if it's significantly cheaper than what some of these companies market theirs for.. and at least you'd know it's the real stuff too.

Where do you get your CP spray at?

I got my folligen from folligen.com,

and my tricomin from http://www.skin-etc.com/

I've heard tell that you can also purchase tric through this site's store.