Minoxidil Only On Temples Induces Shedding On Entire Scalp?

Flagermus

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have pretty aggressive diffuse thinning on the entire top of my scalp as well as recession and thus have finally decided to take the leap and start with finasteride. I would like to add minoxidil to my regime, but I don't think it's feasible for me to apply it to the entire scalp twice a day for the rest of my life.

So instead I'd like to just apply it to the temples, where I don't think finasteride alone is enough to do any regrowth, maybe not even maintenance. But I'm worried that applying it to the temples will start a shedding on the entire scalp, and that the hairs being shed where I don't apply the Minoxidil will not get the strength from the minoxidil to grow back stronger as they're supposed to do when being shed. This is especially worrying me since my hair on the rest of the scalp has already been miniaturized so much that I'm not sure they even have another cycle left. On the other hand being on finasteride they might not miniaturize after a shed?

So what would you do? Do you think it's possible that it will trigger a shedding even where it's not applied and will those shed hairs then be miniaturized or even lost?