Minoxidil on Temples

Vigaku

Established Member
Reaction score
I use 5% Rogaine foam for men, by the way.

Ok, I know the general medical statement that neither FDA-approved solution to male pattern baldness, minoxidil or finasteride, will have a noticeable effect on the temples. I'm guessing this is stated since, probably in most males with male pattern baldness, those solutions will not work for their temples. Reason being, their hair loss speed at the temples is greater than how fast minoxidil/finasteride can reverse it, whereas the speed of hair loss is slower at the crown than how fast those solutions do their job.

But, obviously, not all males bald at the same rate at the temples. Say there's a male who's thinning at the temples, but very gradually. Logically then minoxidil will help him keep his temples right? At the very least, he is better off applying it there since it's not like he's someone who'll lose his temples either way 5 years from now - he's going to keep most of them for another 15 years.

Sorry if this all sounds like common sense, but I just don't want to be doing something that may be a waste. If there's a chance minoxidil can help some temples that thin slowly enough, then I may continue my regimen in this way. I of course apply at the crown where I've had thinning before, but my temples are no exception to the gene. They get affected more as should be expected.

Einstein

Established Member
Reaction score
When I used to use the liquid form I had visible hairs grown on my forehead and the temple space between the eyes and scalp temples.

One of the reason why I started using latex glove on the hand I rubbed it in with is because thehair on the back of my hand and knuckles bcame very dark andI think longer.

Don't not use it on your temples on your assumption that it may not work. Try for 6-8 months first, you have nothing to lose but hair to gain.

But if you're using minoxiidl only a few times a week then yeh that's definetly a waste lol

Experienced Member
Reaction score
jesus christ... two kinds of threads on this forum:
1) should i use minoxidil
2) does it work on temples

post something else.. :(

Einstein

Established Member
Reaction score
2020 said:

try contributing yourself rather than cheerleading from the bench

RP3X

Established Member
Reaction score
Einstein said:
When I used to use the liquid form I had visible hairs grown on my forehead and the temple space between the eyes and scalp temples.

One of the reason why I started using latex glove on the hand I rubbed it in with is because thehair on the back of my hand and knuckles bcame very dark andI think longer.

Don't not use it on your temples on your assumption that it may not work. Try for 6-8 months first, you have nothing to lose but hair to gain.

But if you're using minoxiidl only a few times a week then yeh that's definetly a waste lol

I had similar gains the liquid was way better at my hair line...at least i got minoxidil lifeless dead hairs, with foam it was nothing sadly...

I think people are right on this forum u can give it a shot but chances are if there no hair or very little its too late for the hair line.

this is only adding to my fuel that I need to get off the big 3 cos its done nothing much for me over almost 5 years apart from bad side effects lol

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Einstein said:
2020 said:

try contributing yourself rather than cheerleading from the bench

Ahahahaha! :punk: