minoxidil On Temples --> Hair On Forehead??

aceman626

Reaction score
I spoke to a dermatologist about my hair loss, and he said minoxidil "might" work on temples, but the reason you cannot put it there is because you might grow hair on the forehead.

Anybody put minoxidil on temples/hairline and started growing hair on the forehead? And if so is it really that bad?

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
No, it is not that bad. If you were so lucky that minoxidil grew back hair on your temples, hypertrychosis on forehead would be something you can face with a little wax. But it is not very common.

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
I mean there is a risk of unwanted facial/body hair growth. But I've always thought it worth it if it grows hair on your head. Just shave/pluck it or reduce the dose if you are bothered by it. I doubt you will get hair on your forehead, more likely it's possible you might get increased eyebrows growth.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
i have got hypertrichosis on the forehead and eyebrow from the minoxidil. I apply it to the temple and hairline , it is not that bad, you can pluck the unwanted hair .

Assemblage23

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You cannot wax if you are on tretinoin which everyone should use.

uhoil

Established Member
Reaction score
Whoa I was noticing this a couple weeks ago! I don't use minoxidil, but I use this hair lotion with a bunch of ingredients.

Since I use it before going to bed I suspect I tend to sleep with my face pressed on the pillow and get it all over my forehead.
It grew little hairs on my temples, but they're so miniature they don't matter, I also have hairs now above my eyebrows and extending from my temple points. You can't really notice them unless you're close to my face but it's a bit weird. They don't bother me much though.

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
I apply Minoxidil all over my scalp, including on my temples and even on my forehead. You won't be getting any serious Hypertrichosis on your forehead, only some possible vellus hair at most.

aceman626

Reaction score
i have got hypertrichosis on the forehead and eyebrow from the minoxidil. I apply it to the temple and hairline , it is not that bad, you can pluck the unwanted hair .

so did minoxidil work for you on the temples/hairline? How long did it last before it stopped working?

aceman626

Reaction score
I apply Minoxidil all over my scalp, including on my temples and even on my forehead. You won't be getting any serious Hypertrichosis on your forehead, only some possible vellus hair at most.

so did minoxidil work for you on the temples/hairline? How long did it last before it stopped working?

Massive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You cannot wax if you are on tretinoin which everyone should use.

Off topic, should I use my 0.025% retin-a all around my eye area ? I'm using it like covering all the entire area up and down around my eye. The only annoying thing is that sometimes I stupidly rub my eyes while I'm in bed and it gets stingy a bit.
I started retin-a about 4 months ago because of minoxidil, not that minoxidil turned me into an 85 year old hag overnight, but rather using retin-a as reprocaution and I must say it's doing quite good for my skin.

By the way, I know of you have an extensive skin regime, but if you had it narrow it down to the essentials, what it would it be ?

Edit: *On* topic, minoxidil has grew me vellus hair on my temples and on my forehead, and I now have to pluck a few hairs in my eyebrows. That sh*t doesn't bother me much at all. Evem before minoxidil I was doing some plucking, now I gotta do more.

Assemblage23

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Off topic, should I use my 0.025% retin-a all around my eye area ? I'm using it like covering all the entire area up and down around my eye. The only annoying thing is that sometimes I stupidly rub my eyes while I'm in bed and it gets stingy a bit.
I started retin-a about 4 months ago because of minoxidil, not that minoxidil turned me into an 85 year old hag overnight, but rather using retin-a as reprocaution and I must say it's doing quite good for my skin.

By the way, I know of you have an extensive skin regime, but if you had it narrow it down to the essentials, what it would it be ?

Yes you can use it for your eye area.

I guess it depends on your skin type and goals.

It's more complex than hair loss treatments. Start here: http://www.smartskincare.com/

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
bro strong warning , never use retin a under your eye !!!!
i did it last year because i was paranoid about under eye wrinkle ; i had only one fine line , and because of this it has increased them drasticaly.
retin a is a great stuff for forehead wrinkle but not under eye

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would love something powerful enough to grow hairs on my forehead. I do think minoxidil thickened my eyebrows and eyelashes though. A good thing for me.

I've never understood why extra body hair is such a big deal to lads. Shave or trim if you don't like it.

Assemblage23

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
bro strong warning , never use retin a under your eye !!!!
i did it last year because i was paranoid about under eye wrinkle ; i had only one fine line , and because of this it has increased them drasticaly.
retin a is a great stuff for forehead wrinkle but not under eye
This shouldnt be related. Just use more moisturizer in this area but every dermatologist is okay with patients using retinols in this area.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
i swear on god it was one of my worst mistake . i am young 23 yo ,and have quite some BDD about my physic .I noticed fine line in highschool ( they were nothing in reality) and used some retin a then boom : real wrinkle under my eyes . never used it again on this area of my face

JHCL1990

Established Member
Reaction score
I spoke to a dermatologist about my hair loss, and he said minoxidil "might" work on temples, but the reason you cannot put it there is because you might grow hair on the forehead.

Anybody put minoxidil on temples/hairline and started growing hair on the forehead? And if so is it really that bad?

It's happened to me. It's not HORRIBLE, but I have to shave my brow directly above my eyebrows now. And my eyebrows have thickened. Still worth it

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score

Yes, Minoxidil worked and is still working on my temples and hairline. The treatment itself does not stop working however.

ThatHairStruggle

Established Member
Reaction score
I have gotten hair on my forehead, but it's easily fixed my shaping my hairline with a razor every day or two. It's not like the hairs are in the middle of my forehead, they're mostly near my hairline but they're just a little too far away from my hairline to look like normal hairs. We're talking maybe a few centimeters away from my normal hairline. I take this as a sign that eventually minoxidil will regrow my hairline to that point. One can only hope.