Minoxidil On Peach Fuzz

MacGuinness

Reaction score
if i remember right i've always had the horseshoe hairline... but there's always have been peach fuzz in my temple area... so my question is should i start puttin minoxidil on my temple area? and what are the chances of those peach fuzz goin terminal? i'm currently only usin finasteride

ShedMaster

Reaction score
MacGuinness said:
if i remember right i've always had the horseshoe hairline... but there's always have been peach fuzz in my temple area... so my question is should i start puttin minoxidil on my temple area? and what are the chances of those peach fuzz goin terminal? i'm currently only usin finasteride

You have a decent chance because that means that these hair follicles are not dead. Only time can tell, and you should give it a full year before determining success. I say go for it. I have the same hairloss pattern and thats what I'm doing.

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yep, theres a very good chance it will do something. It probably wont bring that hair all the way back, but it will still probably be thicker and fuller then it was before, so go for it.

pharoh

Established Member
Reaction score
I was wondering that too. I am currently on finasteride and nizoral (nearly a month now) and planning to start min sometime soon. My temples are receded along with general thinning over the entire top of my head (including some bald 'streaks' now it seems). In the temple region where I have lost hair it is not completely slick, in fact its more than just peach fuzz. All the hairs there are very thin, but they ahve some colour left in them, although not enough to make any difference. Is there a good chance minoxidil will work well on these temple areas where there is still some growth?

G

pharoh, i have the same situation. My temples are thin and are receding also and i think i am going to start minoxidil 5% to fill it in. I'm just scared about the shed, because i have tones of weak hair in the receding area that help sorta cover up my temples. Because of that, i am thinking of just applying the minoxidil to the thin baby hairs first to see if i get results and if i do i will add it to the receding area. I just have to somehow push myself to commit to minoxidil. When i do, it will be once a day. :freaked: