Minoxidil On Beard Permanent Compared To Scalp?

Baldorc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ive heard that minoxidil on your scalp is usually not permanent because DHT wants it to die and make you an eggman.

But what about beards? Is it permanent if it grows out and you keep using minoxidil for years until the hair is real? Because shouldnt DHT want any hair thats not growing on the only place a man wants it to grow?

Thanks. Because im about to give up the scalp and might just get a haircut on my face.

Night

Established Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure you would, the only reason these new hairs grew its because you feed them min, if you take it away they should go back to pre-min, but I don't know. I do know that Min doesn't stop DHT.

Baldorc

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have seen comments of men getting permanent hairgrowth on beard and other body areas, anywhere but the scalp. When they stop using it on the scalp, the hair falls off. Its so sad that the only area you actually want it to grow on is temporarly xD

If nature doesnt want us to grow hair on our scalp, then why arent we born bald with a horseshoe and a beard instead so we can get used to it without the risk of loving our thick hair?!

Damn you, DHT!

BiBiBaldy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Pretty sure you would, the only reason these new hairs grew its because you feed them min, if you take it away they should go back to pre-min, but I don't know. I do know that Min doesn't stop DHT.
I don't know if I'm a typical responder or not, but I used minoxidil for my beard, and the hairs that I gained during the treatment were permanent. I also got a lot of extreme side effects, which also never went away after I stopped.

Lucky_Luciano

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know if I'm a typical responder or not, but I used minoxidil for my beard, and the hairs that I gained during the treatment were permanent. I also got a lot of extreme side effects, which also never went away after I stopped.
Can you tell what they were please? I used minoxidil for beard too, and got severe hair shedding, that didnt start or regrow, my hairloss started since then.

Baldorc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, what kind of permanent side effects? Skin conditions? Weird pattern on facial hair?