Minoxidil No Longer Working. Body Hair Even Going Thin. Anyone Else Have The Same Problem?

SlinkyDink

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bit of an odd one this....

Quick recap...

started thinning on the scalp. started on Kirkland minoxidil. Around month 5 I had AMAZING regrowth. I also noticed my beard was fuller. The hairs on my arms, hands, and even my back were becoming darker. It didn't really bother me. around month 8 (still continuing with min) I noticed my hair was shedding again. I carried on with the treatment. around the year mark, the shedding was getting worse. I also noticed that my body hair was becoming lighter, and thinner...

started on finasteride 8 months ago. so far ive seen no results. my hair is getting worse.
What im confused about is why is my body hair becoming thin aswell? The thickness of my arm hair and back hair is slowly disappearing. Does this mean the minoxidil is no longer working? Is my body used to it now?

Just really confused as to what is going on. any help appreciated guys thanks :))

Prepareyourhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bit of an odd one this....

Quick recap...

started thinning on the scalp. started on Kirkland minoxidil. Around month 5 I had AMAZING regrowth. I also noticed my beard was fuller. The hairs on my arms, hands, and even my back were becoming darker. It didn't really bother me. around month 8 (still continuing with min) I noticed my hair was shedding again. I carried on with the treatment. around the year mark, the shedding was getting worse. I also noticed that my body hair was becoming lighter, and thinner...

started on finasteride 8 months ago. so far ive seen no results. my hair is getting worse.
What im confused about is why is my body hair becoming thin aswell? The thickness of my arm hair and back hair is slowly disappearing. Does this mean the minoxidil is no longer working? Is my body used to it now?

Just really confused as to what is going on. any help appreciated guys thanks :))

Have you ever tried derma rolling? It increases minoxidils effectiveness by quite a bit

SlinkyDink

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
any update man?

Yup. Still losing hair. 9 months on finasteride and my hair has never looked worse. I literally look bald now when my hair is wet. Its gotten alot lighter, alot thinner, receding loads, my crown has thinned out like hell. Overall my hair just looks like sh*t now. I cant believe how crappy it's gone in the past year. So depressed now. Confidence has swooped to an all time low. I dont go out without a hat now. Just thinking of giving up on everything, clearly nothing is working.