Minoxidil/nizoral/viviscal Early Results After 3 Months...

Weshym

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey folks,

I’m a complete forum newbie (35 year old slow/long term receding male with slight diffuse thinning on top) but a big believer in sharing good results if I feel they will help others with their own hair loss battle.

I’ve been taking viviscal over a year now (2x daily for 6 months then once a day after that). To be fair I feel the density of my hair looks visibly better since using this but nothing too drastic results wise.

So about 3 months ago I bit the bullet and thought let’s try minoxidil one last time after giving it a go ten years ago when the hair loss/receding really started. No noticeable difference back then after a few months so I gave up. However, this time after reading many threads online I thought let’s give this one last go. So I ordered some cheap Kirkland extra strength minoxidil liquid and nizoral online to go with my viviscal and thought I’ll try this my own way without any real excitement or expectation. However after three months of 1ml minoxidil at night (2 min head massage) after a shower, nizoral shampoo twice a week and viviscal (one tablet) once a day, it’s fair to say my progress has been pleasantly surprising. After an initial shed for around two weeks and six weeks of nothing visible things have really improved thickness wise with my hair, including the temple areas. I’ve attached a pic in the hope others might feel there’s a bit hope in a similar situation and get similar results. Let’s hope I keep keep this going. Here’s to hoping!

Thanks for reading and good luck

Attachments

• 05ABFFDD-C771-46EB-9300-5E0D888C170A.png
    05ABFFDD-C771-46EB-9300-5E0D888C170A.png
    579.6 KB · Views: 2,706

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
or may i suggest zix in the morning, reduces dht, costs $1.50/month. see my thread in alternative treatments. Ive been using it for 13 years.

Im tempted to start minoxidil at night. Im 40, and would love a boost. do you have any other before and after pics?

Weshym

My Regimen
Reaction score
or may i suggest zix in the morning, reduces dht, costs $1.50/month. see my thread in alternative treatments. Ive been using it for 13 years.

Im tempted to start minoxidil at night. Im 40, and would love a boost. do you have any other before and after pics?

Thanks, I’ll have a read I wasn’t expecting much when I started and early days but so far it’s going good. No sadly I just took the two pics under same lighting with no products straight after shampooing.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks, I’ll have a read I wasn’t expecting much when I started and early days but so far it’s going good. No sadly I just took the two pics under same lighting with no products straight after shampooing.

BTW can you explain a little more about your shedding, you said it went on for 2 weeks. How much were you losing? How bad was it?

Thanks!

Weshym

My Regimen
Reaction score
BTW can you explain a little more about your shedding, you said it went on for 2 weeks. How much were you losing? How bad was it?

Thanks!

Nothing major to be honest mate, a few extra hairs coming out when styling and shampooing and a slight thinning across frontal area. Started a week in maybe. Nothing that really frightened me as tried to tell self it was just the minoxidil working then it stopped and been uphill since then so far anyway. I’m realistic on the long term but a good start and feel better within myself as a result of it

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nothing major to be honest mate, a few extra hairs coming out when styling and shampooing and a slight thinning across frontal area. Started a week in maybe. Nothing that really frightened me as tried to tell self it was just the minoxidil working then it stopped and been uphill since then so far anyway. I’m realistic on the long term but a good start and feel better within myself as a result of it

Thanks. To be clear, you said you shed between week 2 and 6, meaning you shed for 4 weeks?

Also, did you notice any changes to your skin, face, dark circles under eyes, etc...?

Weshym

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks. To be clear, you said you shed between week 2 and 6, meaning you shed for 4 weeks?

Also, did you notice any changes to your skin, face, dark circles under eyes, etc...?

No sorry I shed for weeks 2-3 if that long. Probably around 10 days in total but honestly was not drastic at all. No sides other than a slightly dry forehead that was quickly sorted with a decent moisturiser.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
No sorry I shed for weeks 2-3 if that long. Probably around 10 days in total but honestly was not drastic at all. No sides other than a slightly dry forehead that was quickly sorted with a decent moisturiser.

Cheers, thanks!