Minoxidil made in the farmacy and not in a lab...

Yassay

Reaction score
Hey... do you guys think that if I buy minoxidil on my local farmacy it could be less quality than a name brand?
I'm asking this for two reasons, first because I saw no changes in my hair and second cause the itching was horrible and I had to stop after 3 months...

Thanks!

minoxiDjunkie

Established Member
Reaction score
2 minoxi is too weak for men,
besides u need anti androgens / 5ar as well,,
itching is somtimes because of pg/alcohol.

rcom440

Reaction score
He can start with 2% minoxidil and then a year later go for 5%.

- - - Updated - - -

When it comes to itching, he should use Nizoral shampoo every other day or 3 times a week.

resu

Reaction score
Minoxidil composition is so basic that I doubt it, now if we're talking about ebay then skip it because there's no regulation, you could be buying anything there.

otis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Use the foam .You will have no itch or flaking with the foam and also the foam has polysorbate in it which helps remove DHT.

rcom440

Reaction score
Use the foam .You will have no itch or flaking with the foam and also the foam has polysorbate in it which helps remove DHT.

Liquid absorbs better than foam so you will probably get better results that foam. He can use foam in the morning and liquid at night - liquid is quite messy and can leave hair look like crap.

two-hope

Reaction score
PPG in rogain and perhaps all other brands will do you harm

Liquid absorbs better than foam so you will probably get better results that foam. He can use foam in the morning and liquid at night - liquid is quite messy and can leave hair look like crap.
I just had my 5% minoxidil mixed in pharmacy and replaced PPG with glycerin plus some other stuff suggested by the lady in there what other guys had mixed in it - it is a bit more oily but feel great. It seems a few guys have their own formula mixed "locally". And pricing is better than Rogain.. I'll never touch Rogain again and will rather experiment with pharmacy to find a perfect solution....