Minoxidil Loose Effect Over Time!!?

Shayan123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hi!
I’m using minoxidil for 3 years regular and never stop that and i saw magical effects at this time.
But now for three mounth i’m loosing my hair and going bald.
Does it loose effect over time?
Im21 and started from18.
Do you have any experience?
Can you tell me your experiences?
Because i cant live without my hair and now i’m verrry depresed.
Pealse help me what i should do!??????

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, all treatments lose it's effect over time. Genetics always win in the end. The closest thing to a long term solution is an oral anti-androgen like finasteride or dutasteride. Some people have maintained for over a decade if not longer on that but that also loses it's effect over time. That is why some people start at low dosages and increase as they start shedding more.

Shayan123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank brooo
I started taking finastride for 20days but i didn’t any improvement untill now.
Do you think that i can keep may hair with finastride?
And between minoxidil and finastride which is more powerfull!?

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank brooo
I started taking finastride for 20days but i didn’t any improvement untill now.
Do you think that i can keep may hair with finastride?
And between minoxidil and finastride which is more powerfull!?

Both to be honest, at least if you benefit from both. Easier to pop a pill than putting sh*t topically though. Topical affects your life/daily schedule more.

As far as keeping your hair with finasteride then possibly. If it decreases your hair loss dramatically then you are off to a good start.

Salm77

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, all treatments lose it's effect over time. Genetics always win in the end. The closest thing to a long term solution is an oral anti-androgen like finasteride or dutasteride. Some people have maintained for over a decade if not longer on that but that also loses it's effect over time. That is why some people start at low dosages and increase as they start shedding more.

Misinformation that can be read on the forums. It's crazy to read things like that by people who are not scientists or doctors.
No research, no study can say that Finasteride loses its effects over time

Shayan123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Misinformation that can be read on the forums. It's crazy to read things like that by people who are not scientists or doctors.
What about minoxidil?
Does it loose effect overtime?
Or with increase of age and dht can cause to decrease the effect of minoxidil?
Because for 3 years i used minoxidil alone
And just for20 days i started to take finastride.

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Nope, just people keeping their hair for a while just to lose it later.

Salm77

My Regimen
Reaction score
What about minoxidil?
Does it loose effect overtime?
Or with increase of age and dht can cause to decrease the effect of minoxidil?
Because for 3 years i used minoxidil alone
And just for20 days i started to take finastride.

Doctors say that if you take minoxidil / finasteride at the beginning of the fall (hair loss) or a norwood not much advanced (like Norwood 2) you will not lose very much hair in your life your hair will remain almost identical to the one you are and you will stay stable as long as you take the daily treatment.

Do not listen to people who say otherwise. These are mostly people for whom treatment has not worked or who have a very advanced Norwood and therefore do not want to see beneficial effects in other people

Shayan123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Doctors say that if you take minoxidil / finasteride at the beginning of the fall (hair loss) or a norwood not much advanced (like Norwood 2) you will not lose very much hair in your life your hair will remain almost identical to the one you are and you will stay stable as long as you take the daily treatment.

Do not listen to people who say otherwise. These are mostly people for whom treatment has not worked or who have a very advanced Norwood and therefore do not want to see beneficial effects in other people
Excuse me bro
How long you took minoxidil and finastride?

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone reading anything on the internet must take it with a grain of salt. That is fact. Since starting to treat hair loss 13 years ago the message boards have been full of people claiming all kinds of things. I believe there is misinformation to a large extent

From personal experience,
personal observations and the studies done over the years, Most men will keep most of their hair after ten years on finasteride. There may be some loss over the years, but most of the hair should be kept.

Of course there will be people claiming that finasteride hasn’t worked for them, in which case these people are either in the minority, or are not being objective.

Minoxidil generally tends to lose effect over time as the studies have confirmed this, but some with less aggressive hair loss can use it indefinitely and keep their hair.

HLV

Salm77

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey,

I think you do not take the problem in a good way. For that you have to understand how minoxidil works. Maybe it's not Minoxidil that has lost its effects, but it's just that you took it far too late. Your hair was already almost all exhaust / finished.

If you are supposed to become bald in 1 year because your hair cycles in one life are already all depleted, you will not maintain 10 years. Maybe 3 years, 4 years no more. There is nothing left to maintain.

The majority of people take the treatments too late and is surprised that it does not work while it is well stipulated that the more you take early, the more you increase your chances of success and you keep your hair long and even a life.

yayapapaya

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
minoxidil doesn't lose its effect. It only gives a boost to the size of your hair, it doesn't stop balding process. To stop balding process(or more like slow dow), you need anti-androgens and anti-inflammatory drugs.