Minoxidil (lipogaine) sides. Need Advice, Story.

ihatempb

Reaction score
Hello all, i've been lurking hairloss forums for the past 2-3 months now and been reluctant to join because we all know this is the club no one wants to be part of. Short background story on me. My temples receded at 22 but my hair remained thick and strong so i didn't care at all. At 24 i started to notice maybe 1 or 2 hair would fall out randomly during the day, but still none when i towel dry my head after showing. Late Nov 2013 1 month after i turned 26 i walked out of the shower one day and could see a huge chunk of scalp with my hair clumped together. I had a hair cut late sept and my barber told me a had a lot of hair, i had my hair short for a halloween and it looked normal. The onset of my thinning was so sudden so i was in denial thinking it was Telogen Effluvium. My Dad is Norwood 6-7 so i should've known. Ironically my major stress/depression about turning 26 and being old probably triggered my male pattern baldness.

I started minoxidil (lipogaine specifically) mid january, but only on my temples because i wanted to test it out first and was afraid of shedding dumb) i know. I begin applying it all over my crown at .75ml every night about two weeks after that. So i've been on it for about 1.5-2months now. Last week i started to notice some testicle pain and its kinda been sticking around for about a 4-5 days now. I had other side effects from minoxidil such as bloated face, specifically under my left eye only. I also find it hard to wake up in the morning, but this maybe due to the bloating around my eye or hair loss depression idk, and slightly weaker erection 5-10% less hardness. The only other treatment i am doing is biotin 1000mg a day, %2 keto 3 times a week, and stinging nettle and pygeum 2-3 times a week once a day, specifically the days i go to the gym, but i only took it once the week before i developed testicular pain. I'm not here to spread fear or whatever, i'm just looking for advice. I found only one other topic about someone saying they had testicular pain from minoxidil and it was a short thread. Do you guys think the lipogaine is causing this because it contains Saw palmetto, AA, and some other DHT inhibitors? Has anyone experienced these side effects and just powered through it?

Also initial shed has stopped, but i am still losing hair when i shower (20-30) or so i would guess, and no regrowth as far as i can tell. I know its too soon anyways.

michael0990

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can I get an update on your side effects? I also took Lipogaine. I'm currently experiencing dry skin, dry burning eyes, and dry mouth.

SuperDPAsteve

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dry red eyes and transient facial bloating is my experience with minoxidil. Worth sticking with imo. No sexual sides to report

Ron77

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been on lipogaine more than a year, didnt had sexual sides, but I did got bloating face, aging skin, wrinkles, tiredness. I stopped more than month ago and it all dissapeard.

Drextez

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been on lipogaine more than a year, didnt had sexual sides, but I did got bloating face, aging skin, wrinkles, tiredness. I stopped more than month ago and it all dissapeard.

you look younger now? you beleive minoxidil made you look older?