Minoxidil - Is There A Way To Counter The Collagen Reduction Factor?

hopeforhappiness

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I believe I have found the cheapest way to make liposome/niosomes/ethosomes (anything -somes). And will be below 100-200 nms. Could save you some serious cash and time collecting equipment.

Mind making a thread of it ? I think lots of us would be interested.

Spice_Lord

My Regimen
Reaction score
I do plan on doing that once I get everything setup so I can verify it works, but if someone else is making good progress and can test before me I'll happily tell them what I know right now!

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
I do plan on doing that once I get everything setup so I can verify it works, but if someone else is making good progress and can test before me I'll happily tell them what I know right now!

Sweet. For now I have just bought a sonicator and getting lecithin on the way. Some guys have suggested buying a liposome extruder for taking care of the particle size, I may look into that as well.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Topical niacinamide (vitamin B2) does the trick for me, along with RetinA (perscription dtstreng) and vitamin C. Also look up MitoQ topical, thatst good stuff.

My problem is the area around the eyelids, lots of nasty deep wrinkles accumulated fairly recently. The skin is thin there and usually it is not advised to apply any creams there. It says on the retinA tubes not to apply around the eyes. Damn it. I am only putting estriol cream there for the time being.

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
My problem is the area around the eyelids, lots of nasty deep wrinkles accumulated fairly recently. The skin is thin there and usually it is not advised to apply any creams there. It says on the retinA tubes not to apply around the eyes. Damn it. I am only putting estriol cream there for the time being.

I asked my derm and he says it's fine. I apply it there and have seen improvement. Left pic is pre-retin-A, 2nd is now

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
2nd try

Attachments

• IMG_20180602_023837.jpg
    IMG_20180602_023837.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 571

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
Better example, left then, right now (and here I got like 3 hours of sleep the previous night, this is a actually worse than normal).

Spice_Lord

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sweet. For now I have just bought a sonicator and getting lecithin on the way. Some guys have suggested buying a liposome extruder for taking care of the particle size, I may look into that as well.

Holy christ, probe or bath? Yes extruder is the way to go, there is no difference between extrusion and sonification. As far as buying an extruder, you can get by with ordering a couple syringes and a syringe filter such as these: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XWTDPR6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_kVMeBbZXER611

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Holy christ, probe or bath? Yes extruder is the way to go, there is no difference between extrusion and sonification. As far as buying an extruder, you can get by with ordering a couple syringes and a syringe filter such as these: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XWTDPR6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_kVMeBbZXER611

Sorry, my bad. Not the expensive laboratory kind. The ultrasonic jewelry cleaner kind lol.

That is interesting. I would consider that. But for example in the Brotzu patent the molecules should be smaller than 100 nm (nanometers) in size, these filters are on the order of micrometers from what I can see. That would give you much larger liposomes, wouldn't it.

Spice_Lord

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry, my bad. Not the expensive laboratory kind. The ultrasonic jewelry cleaner kind lol.

That is interesting. I would consider that. But for example in the Brotzu patent the molecules should be smaller than 100 nm (nanometers) in size, these filters are on the order of micrometers from what I can see. That would give you much larger liposomes, wouldn't it.

The one I linked there is 0.22 mcm which is 220 nm. You can find them in 200, 100, and 50 nanometers sizes, although I think for the 50 nm (0.05 mcm) size you would have to buy those in a pack of 100.

With the ultrasonic bath, I don't think you would reach sizes below 100 nm either, the energy just isn't focused enough to cause enough disruption.

220 nm is a good value size because it is commonly used to sterilize IV solutions in a high risk situation.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
The one I linked there is 0.22 mcm which is 220 nm. You can find them in 200, 100, and 50 nanometers sizes, although I think for the 50 nm (0.05 mcm) size you would have to buy those in a pack of 100.

With the ultrasonic bath, I don't think you would reach sizes below 100 nm either, the energy just isn't focused enough to cause enough disruption.

220 nm is a good value size because it is commonly used to sterilize IV solutions in a high risk situation.

Either way even with larger liposomes if you dermastamp a bit before applying the solution, that should help them penetrate the skin even without extrusion to a smaller size, wouldn't you say?

Spice_Lord

My Regimen
Reaction score
Either way even with larger liposomes if you dermastamp a bit before applying the solution, that should help them penetrate the skin even without extrusion to a smaller size, wouldn't you say?

Oh definitely, I would probably always dermastamp whenever applying a liposomal preparation because I believe most liposomal preparations have a tendency to stay between the epidermal and dermal layers of the skin, or even stay within the stratum corneum.

The only problem with larger size liposomes is they are most likely larger because they have many layers of lipids shielding the core where the drug usually is, in the literature these are usually referred to as MLV liposomes. This just means that there won't be as efficient drug delivery.

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I tried a topical Genistien for my bad patch but didn't really do anything however when applied to my skin it worked wonders, wrinkles softened and my skin became much better, no sides. After further reading it may well be better if taken orally but i have yet to try it yet as its meant as a treatment for menopausal women but as the study implies it should be safe for men to and a lot safer than estrogen treatments.
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5490601/

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I tried a topical Genistien for my bad patch but didn't really do anything however when applied to my skin it worked wonders, wrinkles softened and my skin became much better, no sides. After further reading it may well be better if taken orally but i have yet to try it yet as its meant as a treatment for menopausal women but as the study implies it should be safe for men to and a lot safer than estrogen treatments.
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5490601/

Where did you purchase?

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you Goole "Swisscode Pure Genistein" there are several sites that sell it. Very expensive though.

"Clinically proven to increase the production of Collagen IV by 53%."

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you Goole "Swisscode Pure Genistein" there are several sites that sell it. Very expensive though.

"Clinically proven to increase the production of Collagen IV by 53%."

It’s a nice price too!! Think i’ll Pass.