Minoxidil Is Taking Forever And Need To Hear From Other Users

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am hoping to get some input on what others experienced while using minoxidil. The first time I used minoxidil I also used nizoral and had a bad skin reaction. The second time I used minoxidil I bought a really expensive brand that costed 100 a month. I could not keep using it because I couldn’t afford it. This expensive brand was 10% minoxidil and I believe I was seeing results at 3 months. Small results on the crown and maybe everywhere else at three months.

Fast forward to now

I am currently using Kirkland foam 5% with scalpacin/hydrocortisone on an as needed basis. I am also using something to help exfoliate my scalp to get rid of any dandruff. All in all, this regiment has allowed me to use minoxidil side effect free. I have been using minoxidil once a day for 2.5 months now and don’t really notice a difference. It looks like I’m forming temple points. There are a decent amount of blond hairs there that are turning dark and growing longer. On top of my scalp overall it looks like all my hair has gotten darker. When I compare a pic from when I first started to where I am at presently it looks like my hair is darker. Yet Confusingly my hair looks thinner where I have been putting it. I am still shedding to.

I turn the foam into liquid should that effect hair growth results? I don’t rub the liquid in and just let it sit on the skin so would that make any difference on results? Is my hair on the right track for 2.5 months? Did some of you notice hair darkening and hairline/temple vellus hair growth around this time? Does It take longer for the crown to improve or do different areas improve at a different rate?

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I used foam and nizoeal in the past, 8 years ago... no response. Literally no gain after a year of consistent twice a day use.

I'm on liquid now mixed with RU58841 and seeing a bunch of vellus growth all over, mostly crown. I'm on month 3 of RU58841 and finished 1 month of minoxidil. I use apply once daily.

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I used foam and nizoeal in the past, 8 years ago... no response. Literally no gain after a year of consistent twice a day use.

I'm on liquid now mixed with RU58841 and seeing a bunch of vellus growth all over, mostly crown. I'm on month 3 of RU58841 and finished 1 month of minoxidil. I use apply once daily.

So when you were only on minoxidil you didn’t see vellus hairs growing anywhere at all?

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So when you were only on minoxidil you didn’t see vellus hairs growing anywhere at all?

The foam and nizoral seemed to maintain, but I wasn't getting any significant growth. I switched to oral minoxidil and it helped with my hairline, but then just maintained. Liquid with RU and microneedling has done more for my hair in the last 3 months than anything else I've tried so far. If everything that is coming in actually thickens up I'll be in a really good position, which says a lot considering I have advanced diffuse thinning. If by around January I'm not happy then I'm getting a DHI transplant.

Last edited:

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

What kind of liquid are you using Kirkland? How much RU do you use? Do you buy your RU from the Kane shop?

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What kind of liquid are you using Kirkland? How much RU do you use? Do you buy your RU from the Kane shop?
I use kirkland. I was doing 3g per 60ml, now I'm making smaller amounts and doing. 3g per 6ml. I bought it from anageninc.

blue16

My Regimen
Reaction score
Been using Rogaine foam for 5 months now. Didn't really see anything for first 2-3 months. I just compared some before/after photos from when I first started, definitely some improvement and definitely not worse. That's good enough for me.

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I guess only good responders see obvious improvement with 2-3 months. The rest of use just keep losing or are only slightly better after a year. Unless I am misunderstanding when you say definitely some improvement. Idk I am looking up before and after results on Amazon from peoples reviews on minoxidil. I feel like some of them are bull sh#t but most are real. Either way most of them got me beat.