minoxidil IS REALLY WORKING

HARM1

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, iv'e been using minoxidil for 3 weeks on my temples, and am starting to soo small black hair in my temples, WOW, im creating a straight hairline . I have a couple QUESTIONS:
The hair that are growning are scalp hairs, meening hair i use to have, or are they a different kind of hairs?

and, if they realy get big and strong will DHT blockers alone maintain them, of will I need to keep using minoxidil since those are hairs i really never had, and are only brought up by minoxidil?

CCS

Reaction score
minoxidil grows all types of hair. but if they get really long, it is more likely they are old terminal hairs.

DHT blocker do not maintain it. You have to use minoxidil the rest of your life, though once a day use can maintain it.

HARM1

Established Member
Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
minoxidil grows all types of hair. but if they get really long, it is more likely they are old terminal hairs.

DHT blocker do not maintain it. You have to use minoxidil the rest of your life, though once a day use can maintain it.
THx for the reply. Why wouldn't DHT blockers maintain?

CCS

Reaction score
no, they don't become minoxidil dependent. They are minoxidil dependent from day one. That is why they got long in the first place. hairs that are already long don't become dependent.

I don't know why androgen suppressors don't keep them long. I guess they are not repaired, but lengthened by some other means. But bryan posted a study on this. There is not question that propecia will not maintain hair grown with minoxidil.