minoxidil is pissing me off

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
chr1s said:
The smell isn't bad and doesn't smell "cheap"... what it dos smell like however is hair mousse, it has a nice smell a tad bit chemical but not really. No one has ever smelled it on me and I don't find that it gets on my pillowcase, but then again I only use some on the back right side of my head. most of it goes on the front hairline and sides for me. It really isn't that bad are you sure you guys are only using half a cap full? I have a feeling the people who are complaining about the smell are using wayy more than that.
it stinks!

chr1s

Established Member
Reaction score
If you think hair mousse stinks then yes, this is no different. But those of you familiar with hair styling products who use mousse, gel, wax, hairspray or pomade know what I'm talking about. The scent of having rogaine foam in your hair is no different than using a styling product except that the smell is actually even lighter than other styling products and goes away a lot faster. I can bet money that the people here complaining about the smell aren't used to styling their hair with "products" because there's nothing to be making a fuss about.. trust me, the smell could be a lot worse because there's no such thing as a totally unscented hair mousse.

Either that, or you must have been part of the group of the very first buyers where the scent was much stronger.

Whatever the case, the foam kicks the liquid's *** to the curb!

But hey, I understand it's easier to just take a pill everday and forget about it. Pills aren't for everyone though. The foam is way easy to use and I think of it as a new part of my regimine for taking care of my body such as showering, shaving, brushing my teeth, working out or washing/moisturizing my face. Besides, once you reach the hair you want all you need to do is use it like once a day or once every other day to keep your results.

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
chr1s said:
Besides, once you reach the hair you want all you need to do is use it like once a day or once every other day to keep your results.
i really hope this theory is gonna work

G

roki said:
yes the foam is easy to use
yes it givs me more hair
but i still hate it
its really annoying to be so dependent on it ,taking a pill is so easy and i dont have to think about it one bit but putting that $#iT 2 times a day
I HATE IT

Dude whatever, at least you started minoxidil using the foam... think about the poor souls who had to use liquid minoxidil for years. You are just spoiled.

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
badasshairday said:
roki said:
yes it givs me more hair
but i still hate it
its really annoying to be so dependent on it ,taking a pill is so easy and i dont have to think about it one bit but putting that $#iT 2 times a day
I HATE IT

Dude whatever, at least you started minoxidil using the foam... think about the poor souls who had to use liquid minoxidil for years. You are just spoiled.
Actually Mr. Asshairday i started with the liquid and i missed only one application in the month i used it and then changed to the foam .
i will admit that there is no way i would have lasted much longer with 2 times a day application of the liquid and proboably would cut back to 1 time a day and maybe 2x on the weekend...
on the other hand i might of acted differently if my hairloss was more obviuos

Pondle

Reaction score
chr1s said:
If you think hair mousse stinks then yes, this is no different. But those of you familiar with hair styling products who use mousse, gel, wax, hairspray or pomade know what I'm talking about. The scent of having rogaine foam in your hair is no different than using a styling product except that the smell is actually even lighter than other styling products and goes away a lot faster.

I hear it's got a "citrus" kinda scent, is that true? If so, I can live with that. Over the years I've used loads of products on my hair, and I've even gone to the gym with a head wafting of summer fruits ('thanks' to Fudge shaper). I've got some of the foam on order... can't wait!

G

roki said:
badasshairday said:
roki said:
yes it givs me more hair
but i still hate it
I HATE IT

Actually Mr. Asshairday i started with the liquid and i missed only one application in the month i used it and then changed to the foam .
i will admit that there is no way i would have lasted much longer with 2 times a day application of the liquid and proboably would cut back to 1 time a day and maybe 2x on the weekend...
on the other hand i might of acted differently if my hairloss was more obviuos

You don't have to be so formal with the mister stuff. You can just call me "Bad." :)

I still haven't switched to foam yet, I will as soon as I finish this last liquid minoxidil bottle. Been on the liq for wow, 3 years...

I only put it on my temples. Its annoying having that sh*t run off.

joseph49853

Experienced Member
Reaction score
roki said:
yes it givs me more hair
but i still hate it
I HATE IT

I understand the sentiment. I felt the same way too a few years ago. But at this point, I've become resigned to using minoxidil. I was even able to come to terms with minoxidil upon my quest to increase absorption. I included Retin-a and needling to my regimen, and continue to make amazing progress. I was able to lower dependence, and now only apply minoxidil 5-7 times a week. I even was able to quit taking finasteride. I really can't complain.

chr1s

Established Member
Reaction score
Pondle said:
chr1s said:
If you think hair mousse stinks then yes, this is no different. But those of you familiar with hair styling products who use mousse, gel, wax, hairspray or pomade know what I'm talking about. The scent of having rogaine foam in your hair is no different than using a styling product except that the smell is actually even lighter than other styling products and goes away a lot faster.

I hear it's got a "citrus" kinda scent, is that true? If so, I can live with that. Over the years I've used loads of products on my hair, and I've even gone to the gym with a head wafting of summer fruits ('thanks' to Fudge shaper). I've got some of the foam on order... can't wait!

lol I know what you mean about the "summer fruits", some of these products you smell on your hair all day, but the good thing about rogaine, at least this is my experience that the smell dissapates very quickly. I actually like the smell it's very light. It is not a "fruity" smell at all. It is a fresh clean scent almost like a head and shoulders shampoo but it does have a tinyyyy hint of that "chemical smell" that a hair mousse or hair spray has. I am one who is heavily allergic to scents and the rogaine foam scent does not bother me. The commercial does not lie when they say that this will be the easiest part of your daily regemine, it truly is.

pologuy514

Established Member
Reaction score
Badasshairday,
You say that you used minoxidil liquid for 3 years and use it on your temples. Have you had any regrowth in that period of time? I'm sure the foam will be a good switch for ya.

-Pologuy

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yo Bad
you should've orderd the foam a long time ago and just keep the liquid for night applications or emergencies

G

pologuy514 said:
Badasshairday,
You say that you used minoxidil liquid for 3 years and use it on your temples. Have you had any regrowth in that period of time? I'm sure the foam will be a good switch for ya.

-Pologuy

Yes, I have had regrowth. I have some nice terminal hairs that sprouted and some more hairs that make a cosmetic difference in the appearance of my hairline. I think I can get more growth from the minoxidil by getting the foam because it will make 2x applications easy. I only did 2x applications the first year. I think I have lot a little bit of ground from my peak, but I am still above my baseline for sure. Hopefully I can squeeze out some growth by adding the foam to get my applications back to 2x a day.

Logic1

Established Member
Reaction score
Man, I totally understand where you're coming from. Something about the fact that you have to depend on something you should already have...and as soon as you stop....you don't have enough....it just bothers the hell out of me....it almost makes me feel less of who I am....

But I guess you can look at things like.....toothpaste, deodorant, even the clothes you wear as the same thing.

Still....I feel your pain.

On the bright side though.....be thankful you have these things available to you and that they work for you.

Not to forget that you live in 2007 and not 97 where we probably wouldn't have access to all this information, user feedback, experiments, foam minoxidil, etc.

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Logic1 said:
Man, I totally understand where you're coming from. Something about the fact that you have to depend on something you should already have...and as soon as you stop....you don't have enough....it just bothers the hell out of me....it almost makes me feel less of who I am....

But I guess you can look at things like.....toothpaste, deodorant, even the clothes you wear as the same thing.

Still....I feel your pain.

On the bright side though.....be thankful you have these things available to you and that they work for you.

Not to forget that you live in 2007 and not 97 where we probably wouldn't have access to all this information, user feedback, experiments, foam minoxidil, etc.
at least somebody gets me :)
i am happy that i have it,i do infact use it and i could stop anytime if i choose to...
i wuold be less pissed if i didnt have some sides from it
but nothing matters because i need my hair and that's it
man if i was bald id really be fucked up

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
agreed, i'd be thrilled if i had no sides. i'm just dealing with water retention right now, not the worst thing in the world but i'm only pressing on in hopes that it will go away. if it doesn't i will eventually have to stop.

my hair on the other hand. looks SEXY. i'm 80% sure that i'm going back to NW1.

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
dietcola said:
agreed, i'd be thrilled if i had no sides. i'm just dealing with water retention right now, not the worst thing in the world but i'm only pressing on in hopes that it will go away. if it doesn't i will eventually have to stop.

my hair on the other hand. looks SEXY. i'm 80% sure that i'm going back to NW1.
hard to choose though