minoxidil is making me look like sh*t

Rich78

Established Member
Reaction score
So I started Spectral DNC about a month and a half ago now. The first 3 weeks or so it made my hair look thicker and I was thrilled.

But now it has taken a turn and I'm in that ugly duckling stage or so I hope.

I have read that this is normal in the first few months but man this sucks and makes me want to quit.

I'm trying to ride it out but man this is tough :(

And one else know the feeling and could throw me some words of advise, or some confort :/

Thinneritgoes!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: minoxidil is making me look like sh*t

Can you be more specific? What is it doing to you? What looks ugly or S*** on you?

Rich78

Established Member
Reaction score

Just the hair in general. I didn't have this huge shed but a gradual one. It's also making the hair look dry no matter what conditioner I use.

I'm not getting any sides what so ever so that is about the only good news.

Thinneritgoes!

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Yeah that is tough. I'm sure you will find a routine that works best for you and you will be able to get around it. Like maybe applying during an off time and you can wash your hair before you go anywhere. If you are looking for some good regrowth I would say definitely stick with the liquid minoxidil. I got much better results on liquid than I ever did with foam

peter079

Established Member
Reaction score

So dudemon, you have been using minoxidil for 10 years? That's some commitment! It must be working if you kept it up?

Have you got any photos?

I gave up after 6 months.