Minoxidil has made things worse for me (I'm a woman)

Hagar64

Reaction score
Hey, I would like to know if there are other women out there for whom the hair situation got worse after using Minoxidil.
I have been diagnosed with Androgenetic Alopecia but I really have my doubts about whether this diagnosis is correct. I'm 42 now and until 2 years ago, I had no hair problems at all. The derm said Androgenetic Alopecia because I have thinning hair on top of my head and because my father lost his hair very early.
But no other women in my family have had this problem and I also never had any shedding, it just seems that my hair is getting gradually thinner.

I have used Minoxidil for a year now. First 4%, now 5% since a couple of months. It has made things worse for me. Although I never had any shedding, my hair is now getting thinner in a faster tempo than ever before.
What puzzles me is that wherever you look on the internet, it seems that everyone had good results with Minoxidil. If anyone had the same problem with using Minoxidil, I would be grateful if you let me know.