minoxidil - great response followed by rapid decline - TWO separate times

lotnagiv

My Regimen
Reaction score
Few years ago when I first started I had amazing regrow on topical minoxidil so it seems that enzyme level was fine and I was good responder, but it lasted only few months and then without modifying anything over next few months, slow but overall huge regress occurred that did not recover over next few years.

Next at some point due to random circumstances I was forced to stop treatment for few weeks, which caused huge shed that destroy my whole density, devastating, however lucky enough when I returned to topical minoxidil and restarted treatment I once again experience excellent regrow, just like the first time, without any further shedding, density improve amazingly. However once again, it lasted only for few months, and then the same scenario with slowly loosing everything without recovering for next several months, up to today, occurred.

I saw the diagram from the study that topical minoxidil may loose effectiveness after few years, but in my case it was always just few months, peak effect around month 3 and then maybe two months of stable situation and then bang slow continuous regress with huge shedding that did not recover.

And I'm wondering how is that possible if theoretically minoxidil initially works that well on TWO separate occasions?

btw in both cases I was always blocking dht, it was not only minoxidil. It all happened throughout my twenties.

Any similar stories? What is causing it? Why after break minoxidil worked so well?

And I do not know if oral minoxidil could help in my case if topical minoxidil works so weirdly.

lotnagiv

My Regimen
Reaction score
not impression, but clear visual improvement, better density, better hair quality etc