Minoxidil For 2 Weeks,some Shedding

ShyLowkey

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all of you i am a 17 year old NW1 ,i caught my hairloss early thanks to my hair obsession, i started using minoxidil 2 and a half weeks ago, i had miniaturiziation on my hairline. I used to comb it over with my hairs on the sides but now i cant. I think minoxidil shed them i know that it usually happens in the beginning but i am still worried.I didnt see an extra hairloss since i started minoxidil but i cant comb it over now. And i feel like most of the miniaturized hairs are gone now. What should i do? I guess that my hairloss started at June. I had a full head of hair back then but now i am NW1 and i think i caught it early. Do you think i can gain some of my hair back? Or should i stop minoxidil?

Fredie2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have used it for 35 years. 2% then 5% as soon as it came out. I caught it at age 21. It is the only low cost option that I know of. It has worked for me for all these years but I cannot take the propylene glycol (PG) in liquid minoxidil any longer. The foam does not have it. I am also looking at minoxidil liquid without PG.

Please note that Minoxidil is a lifetime commitment and if you skip days or start and stop then you are wasting your time. I missed maybe 3 or 4 days in 35+ years. minoxidil is very good or was for me at growing hair back on the back of the head or crown. The front it still works but not as well. Try to eat well and take some multivitamins.