minoxidil Foam

SSM23

Established Member
Reaction score
Iv been away from this site for over a year and have some questions about the new minoxidil foam.

Where do you get it from? (im from the UK)

Is it the same as 5% minoxidil?

Can you apply it to a bold head (grade 0) or should i just order Dr lee liquid 5% minoxidil?

please help

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
SSM23 said:
Where do you get it from? (im from the UK)

Can't answer that, but someone else from your geo will likely ring in.

Is it the same as 5% minoxidil?

It's the same concentration. Jury's still out on whether there's any added benefit due to the foam vehicle. My guess is that being much easier to use/cosmetically acceptable, 2X/day compliance may be higher and hence may spawn better response reports. We'll see over time.

Can you apply it to a bold head (grade 0) or should i just order Dr lee liquid 5% minoxidil?

I assume you mean "bald" head. Yes, of course. In fact, all of the active ingredients would reach the scalp vs. a certain degree of "friendly fire" that ends up on those with existing hair.

I have no experience with Dr. Lee's products...but from what I've read here, some guys have kicked him to the curb due to the no-hassle, less expensive, and quick-drying nature of the foam.

]

tembo

Established Member
Reaction score
I read a couple of posts on other forums where people who saw no effect or stopped seeing any effect to Rogaine solution are seeing good results with Rogaine foam.

Maybe that means its better to start with Rogaine solution and move to foam after the solution stops working.