minoxidil foam or liquid?

bandm

Reaction score
I really don't know the differences between foam and liquid.. Which one lasts more? Which causes less shed? Which causes more regrowth or which is better to turn you hair thick? Which causes less side effects?
And what is the really difference between them? Is the way you apply it or what?

Gus11445

Reaction score
Foam is a little more expensive but if you go to a target some of them have the foam in a 4 month package for only 45 dollars or so. The foam version is said to be a little more effective although people have good success with the liquid. Both should last about a month if you use the amount the directions tell you to. Foam is a lot easier to apply, you just squirt some foam onto the place you want to on your head and rub in and your done. The liquid tends to like to run down your face if your not careful. I have used both and i will never go back to the liquid just bc it can be really messy and make your hair look and feel gross for a long time. The foam dries very quick and doesnt make your hair look or feel too bad. Cant really tell which one would cause more of a shed although if the foam is more effective then it may cause a little more of a shed with some ppl which is good cuz more hair will grow in thicker in the future. My opinion is that if you have the money for the foam go for it cuz it is much better but if your short on the cash and dont care about how your hair looks or you have short hair then go for the liquid cuz it still works.

gjp2222

Established Member
Reaction score
This question appears to be asked every day, doesn't anyone read this forum before posting a question? The answer will not change no matter how many times it is asked. For the data on the liquid vs foam check out this thread, it gives specific hair counts, really the only thing that matters. Be wary of so called testimonials, they are worthless since the web is full of paid posters pushing inferior products for monetary gain. Buyer Beware!

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=46942

gjp2222

Established Member
Reaction score
Foam has been out just 2 years, come back in 8 and find out. As far as liquid, my experience is yes, I have used it on and off since 1997 and it is still working. Don't take it for granted that the foam will do the same since they are not equally effective, the liquid grows more hair than foam as per clinical trials.

BTW...since the balding process continues and since minoxidil has no actual impact on this process, you will continue to deteriorate over time. To effectively slow down this process an anti-androgen must be employed.

lazarus

Reaction score
I had zero results on foam, so I'm looking at possibly trying a liquid, but I've heard lots of negative things about applying it. I know there are some other forms of minoxidil solutions that Dr. Proctor made and maybe some others. Can anyone speak to these other products and their ease of application/drying times? Where should my logical jump from the foam be to?