Minoxidil Foam Causes No Itch Unlike Liquid?

FightingDiffuse

My Regimen
Reaction score
Please help guys...using minoxidil liquid for about a year but cant cant the itchiness..my scalp is burning and i carry a comb everywhere to scratch my head...does changing to minoxidil foam will solve my problem? Need to know before buying as foam is more expensive than liquid, thank you, waiting for your replies.

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For some. I never tried liquid, went straight to the foam. I had a bad rash by month 4. No sides from oral.

Keep in mind that minoxidil is EXTREMELY fatal to cats.

MirinBrah

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi..how do you melt the foam...and is it less itchy than the liquid one?

I spray the foam in the cap then I heat up the bottom of the cap with hot water. The foam should dissolve into a liquid then I use a dropper to apply the liquid to my scalp.

Yes, this method is less itchy than regular liquid minoxidil.

Stech

My Regimen
Reaction score
I used liquid minoxidil liquid version last year and used to scratch my head a lot during sleep. During day, comb will help

I quit for like 9 months. I’m using foam version and it feel great!! I haven’t seen any results as it’s been 2 wks only.

wissywig

Reaction score
I too switched from Kirkland liquid to Kirkland foam. The liquid was causing all kinds of issues; itching and extreme flaking being the most bothersome. It got to a point where I could take my fingernail, scratch my scalp, and get huge flakes that were everywhere I applied liquid minoxidil. Switched to foam, and after finishing off one can, no issues whatsoever. Not even itching.