Robhughes

Reaction score
If I take finasteride in conjunction with minoxidil for the first month, and then stop taking finasteride, will I have avoided the shedding stage? I'd rather not use finasteride in the long-term as I have heard it causes fertility problems.

Also, just how bad is the shedding of minoxidil, in general (i know it varies between people)? Like would it noticably shed half of your head, or is it just a case of a few more hairs on the comb or on your pillow in the morning?

Hairloss23

Banned
Reaction score
sorry what are you trying to do here? get regrowth without first shedding the old weak hairs? you just want them to magically turn into healthy thick ones within the space of half an hour? and FTR if you survive the first month of finasteride which I assume is what you're aiming for with this stupid idea, then you're likely safe to use it for life.

in case you didn't get the hint, no, it's a crap idea and you will still shed, welcome to male pattern baldness, a journey you will be on for the rest of your life, please enjoy your stay.

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Lol, unnecessarily bitter

very much so. cant we all just get along and be somewhat polite?

i dont think its a good idea to go on finasteride and then go off after a month. i think youll shed regardless. fwiw, i am a good responder to minoxidil and i did shed, but it wasnt terrible. my hair looked a bit thinner where i apply the minoxidil... maybe 15%-20% thinner, nothing like half. it seemed to stop after about a month, and by the end of the 2nd month it was improving.

jk1okay

Reaction score
I've been on finasteride + minoxidil + nizoral for 2 monthys now, great improvements use them both!