minoxidil efficacy

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Damn, Tynan! Your graph just keeps getting better and better! :)

Bryan

Cassin

Reaction score
So the minoxidil + finasteride graph is fairly accurate?

Good job TynanW..Everytime I see a new version of the graph I am eagerly awaiting it to finish moving to see what will happen to my hair. :)

I don't suppose you can have it pause for a few seconds after the lines stop so we can get a better look can you?

G

cassin said:
I don't suppose you can have it pause for a few seconds after the lines stop so we can get a better look can you?

faster drawing time, then paused for longer (trying to keep the file size low!)

MINOXPAUSE.gif

G

cassin said:
Thanks TynanW.

Also as a minor note, these graphs you see in studies always also include non-responders correct?

I would guess they follow the same plot as the 'no medication' line?

...or some interpelation between non medicated and minoxidil.

Bismarck

Reaction score
tynanW said:
Bismarck said:
still seems wrong to me: the minoxidil-only curve should approach to "untreated".

Bismarck said:
After 2 years the minoxidil-curve is parallel to "untreated". That would imply that minoxidil-users lose the same amount of hair after 2 years as someone who never used anything.

which one is correct?

should the minoxidil curve approach to "untreated"

or

should the minoxidil line stay parallel

or

should the minoxidil line decline, but not as fast as the untreated line?

cheers

Ty

(1) "should the minoxidil line stay parallel" => NO!

(2) "should the minoxidil curve approach to "untreated"" => YES!

(3) "should the minoxidil line decline, but not as fast as the untreated line?" => YES !

(4) note that minoxidil users have never less hair than placebo user !

You see that you can't suffice (2) and (3) and (4) if you use a linear function for describing the minoxidil-curve.
I think of a minoxidil-curve approaching to untreated like the graph of the function f(x)=1/x approaching to the x-axis or something like that.

G

Bismarck said:

(3) "should the minoxidil line decline, but not as fast as the untreated line?" => YES !

How would the minoxidil line approach towards the untreated (no medication line) (2) and at the same time decline at a rate less than the untreated line?

approaching the untreated line means there is a faster rate of loss.

Bismarck said:
You see that you can't suffice (2) and (3) and (4) if you use a linear function for describing the minoxidil-curve.
I think of a minoxidil-curve approaching to untreated like the graph of the function f(x)=1/x approaching to the x-axis or something like that.

:freaked:

Bismarck

Reaction score
tynanW said:
Bismarck said:

How would the minoxidil line approach towards the untreated (no medication line) (2) and at the same time decline at a rate less than the untreated line?

approaching the untreated line means there is a faster rate of loss.

Bismarck said:

:freaked:

Wait! I think I was contradicting myself: If the minoxidil-curve approaches the untreated line .... that means faster rate of hairloss as you said. Bryan?

G

Just analysed the graph.

I followed the graph off my computer screen and up the wall. Went upstairs and then found out it pointed to Alpha Centuri.

Conclusion. = All Aliens are bald.

Oh sh*t!

G

traxdata said:
Just analysed the graph.

I followed the graph off my computer screen and up the wall. Went upstairs and then found out it pointed to Alpha Centuri.

Conclusion. = All Aliens are bald.

Oh sh*t!

exactly!!!, that's what I am saying. :freaked2:

Reaction score
OK ITS A PERFECT GRAPH NOW.
PLEASE DON'T CHANGE ANYTHING ELSE.

BIG CHEERS FOR TY!!!

Note thats why I save spironolactone and copper peptides for later.
I'm hoping to boost the hair when my personal graphs start declining. Actually this is also the philosophy of HairLossTalk.com moderator. He's only using revi + spironolactone + nizoral and saves minoxidil for later.

klaus

Established Member
Reaction score
tynanw, I can use to show to this its graph in my country? in another one fórum?
thanks

too bald too furious

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Tynan...I had written this in a previous thread relating to minoxidil. Can you include a new line in this graph as to what happens if you quit Finasteride at the 2 year or 3 year mark?

Cassin

Reaction score
nexus81 said:
Tynan...I had written this in a previous thread relating to minoxidil. Can you include a new line in this graph as to what happens if you quit Finasteride at the 2 year or 3 year mark?

You go back to A in haircounts very very fast. 6 to 12 months ....But thats just haircounts.

Any thickening you maintained via Finasteride or GAINED via Finasteride is gone too. This graph really doesn't show hair weight. I guess Bryan or someone that knows studies real well would have to send TynanW all the data and he could make a hair weight graph with the same relation to treatments but in hair weight instead of hair count.

Another chore for TynanW one day when he is real bored :lol:

EDIT: By the way, this and a Topic made by The Gardener get my nominations for posts of the year.

G

Cassin said:
EDIT: By the way, this and a Topic made by The Gardener get my nominations for posts of the year.

can't wait for the awards show, who is presenting this year?

If 'Hopewas' wins best newcomer again I'm quitting.

aaabbbccc

Reaction score
how does graph square with the oft-quoted theory that minoxidyl loses much of its power after 2 years?

or the oft-quoted advice to start with propecia for a few years, and then add minoxidyl?

it seems from the graph that you'd be crazy not to start up with propecia and minoxidyl together. am i missing something?

thanks!

G

aaabbbccc said:
how does graph square with the oft-quoted theory that minoxidyl loses much of its power after 2 years?

That's an easy one, if you look at the graph there is a line marking two years, after this point the minoxidyl (sic) line starts to fall.