Minoxidil compounding

ComeOnPropy

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have a quick question about my minoxidil batch that i am hoping someone more knowledgeable then me can help with, i see a compounding pharmacist to get my minoxidil fix.
Last time i visited he asked me if i wanted to use his new forumlation which was a topical that contained Minoxidil (Obviously) and included Riboflavin as an active ingredience mixed in, he told me the solution would be slightly yellowish in color and alot thicker.
Does any one have any experience with this combination in a topical? I have never heard of it being mixed together before.

Any info from anyone who knows more then me would be much appreciated.

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ComeOnPropy said:
Hey guys,

I have a quick question about my minoxidil batch that i am hoping someone more knowledgeable then me can help with, i see a compounding pharmacist to get my minoxidil fix.
Last time i visited he asked me if i wanted to use his new forumlation which was a topical that contained Minoxidil (Obviously) and included Riboflavin as an active ingredience mixed in, he told me the solution would be slightly yellowish in color and alot thicker.
Does any one have any experience with this combination in a topical? I have never heard of it being mixed together before.

Any info from anyone who knows more then me would be much appreciated.

I've never heard of such a mix. Did you ask him what is the benefit of the added riboflavin?

ComeOnPropy

Established Member
Reaction score
I sure did ask him what the benefit was Riboflavin acts as a natural Alpha 5 reductase.

I was looking for information on herbs to block 5 alpha reductase but came across something I really cant believe.

In two studies I read Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) showed a very high 5AR inhibition rate. In one study the potency was IC50 =1.6 µM and in another the potency was IC50 = 15 +/- 13 µM.

Finastride had a potency of IC50 = 0.06 µM

If then the potency of vit B2 has been observed to be between IC50 = 1.6 – 15 µM it would mean that at best finasteride is 250 times more potent (15/0.06).

This would mean that at most we would need 250 times higher dose of vit B2 to equal the same 5ar inhibiting value of finasteride.

Well Propecia comes in 1mg tablets so if it is 250 times stronger then vit B2 you would need 250mg of vit B2 to equal it theoretically.

You can easily purchase 500mg vit B2 capsules which should be twice the dose needed.

I also read that vit B2 is easily and rapidly absorbed by the body and because it is water soluble any excess is passed out in the urine (will make your urine bright yellow)

To add to this Vit B2 is an Aromatase inhibitor. When men get older they produce less testosterone and more estragon. Estragon however is not good for the male body and vit B2 will block its production.

There are alot more scattered readings around online, however i cannot for the life of me find ANYTHING about topically applying minoxidil and Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) However i do know that this Compounding pharmacist has spent many years with Minoxidil related products, just not sure if i am paranoid of the unknown.