Minoxidil causing wrinkles on my forehead...

goodburner

Reaction score
Anyone experience this side effect? I have been using it for about 7-8 months and while I haven't experienced any miracle growth of hair, I shed a lot loss hair now and I'm happy with it. I'm 20 years old, btw.

But the forehead on my wrinkles is especially annoying... I don't want to have the forehead of a 40 year old.. are there any way to treat this apart from quitting minoxidil which I can't ?:shakehead:

wstef

Established Member
Reaction score
I think it's because it dries out the skin and wrinkles appear more obvious when the skin is drier. On top of that, drier skin is more prone to become wrinkled anyway.

I think the thing which causes dark circles under the eyes causes wrinkles; my eyes went REALLY dry when I first started.

The only way I stopped the driness was to reduce the amount I applied, so less was absorbed into the system. Try applying it directly from the bottle onto the head and rub it in that way, rather than into the cap then onto your hands then onto your head. I do it this way and one bottle lasts a lot longer, my hair is still getting better and I don't have dry eyes any more.

Another theory is that minoxidil reduces collagen production.